Today's Weather in Your Garden - 19

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Oh bless, I think tomorrow will be a special Mothers' Day for you and your family. What a cute little guy, I'm sure he will grow up handsome like his dad and very nice like Grandma too.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

very sweet.... enjoy mothers day!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

He sure is a sweety.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Awe...he's so handsome!! Glad he's doing so much better and this will be a very Happy Mother's day for all!!!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

What a sweetie he is! Happy Mother's Day to the new mom and to all of us.

Southeastern, CT(Zone 6a)

Robin - He is precious!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

What a cutie, Robin! Love those cheeks. A wonderful Mothers Day gift. 69 and very nice here now. Just back from T-ball and a tennis clinic for my older guy.

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Robin, he certainly is a cutie. he'll be breaking hearts before you know it! Very nice to meet you Grant Douglas.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Robin, what a great pic, looks like he's thinking "Oh man, another pic give me a break" LOL

Hey, the weather here is not great, kind of dank and cold. But I went to visit my buddy today. His leg is gone all the way up to his hip, but he walked right into the room to visit with me. I threw my arms around him and cried a million tears into his neck. He calmed down after a couple of mminutes. he's in a lot of pain. He kept doing a lot of low moaning. HE IS THE BEST DOG IN THE WORLD. I know everyone has the best dog/cat/parrot/ etc in the world, but for today Dex is the best. I feel so much better after seeing him.. He will be with me for a few years yet. The drs prognosis is off!!

edited to remove cuss word :)

This message was edited May 12, 2008 10:10 AM

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

You're making me cry. This is right up there with "Love Story"! I just know things will progress as they should, and you will have lots of time together. - Lynn

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

the 4 legged friends amaze me how well they do on 3 legs... my Jily made me jealous when she had some stitches in her foot and running up and down the stairs on three legs... i couldn't stand being on just one leg with my ankle... made me wish i had a few extra... but give him a snuggle for us next time you see him

Thoughts and prayers for you and Dexter, Weeze. You're a great mom to him - Happy Mother's Day to you and all.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Kind of a dark and cool Mother's Day here, not the washout predicted - we did our stuff last night to be safe.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Cloudy and windy here.
My son just left - had to work, but brought me some top soil, and bagged rocks, plus stopped at the farmer's field to get some larger rocks for me. That's my kind of Mother's Day gifts!

Started nice and got cloudy and cool. Supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow.

Thomaston, CT

Thanks for your kind comments, everyone--Louise--so glad you got to hug Dex---I gave my 2 an extra hug. Worked in the garden for 2 hrs. after coming home from a restaurant luncheon--maybe I burned off some of that chocolate cake--with espresso sauce--and choc. sorbet! Then the sun went behind the clouds, the wind grew chill, the temp went down to 60, & I quit!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

It was a weird day started off real chilly but sunny, warmed up a bit but by the time we were heading home from church wind picked up and got cloudy and chilly again. Took a nap and woke up to sun shine. Then an hour later cloudy. right now it's 50.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

We had another dry day in southern Vt, so DH and I took advantage of the time up here to hit more nurseries in the area. Headed down to Whately, Ma to a couple of great places for mostly woodland plants at Nasami Farm Native Plant Nursery & Sanctuary and Bay State Perennials before heading down to the Springfield area to check out a couple more nurseries. We did our major damage at the first two. Tomorrow we are heading to a couple more in New Hampshire. On Tue, I am meeting up with Carrie at the Arnold Arboretum in Boston for a lilac sniff. Anyone want to join us? Then back to Nantucket to count the bulbs for Victor. Patti

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

53* at 5AM Gunna rain .
High of 63* a good day in the garden.
I will dig up another ten sq.ft. if barrier plastic so the shade garden can get some moisture.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Cool and grey. I don't mind as it's back to work. Rain would be welcomed as well.

By the way, for anyone that lives in New York. I found this website that tracks gas prices... very welcomed since regular has broken the $4 barrier!!! http://www.longislandgasprices.com/ . I doesn't just check Long Island, so don't let the link fool you.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

thanks for the tip

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Hate hearing my heat kick on as it's only set to 65, should be warming up this week here.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

It was cool in the house yesterday when I woke up (our heat is set at 55), and I was afraid we had had a frost that I didn't know about. We didn't.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I hear ya Al..mine goes on every morning. It has been an average of 38-45 here every morning for the last week. I'm not complaining though.....it's above freezing!!

47, overcast and windy. Not much rain yet. Hopefully we'll get some later. Yes, my pellet stove is still going. Thought it would be off by now. Wow, 55 is pretty cool, Deb!

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

What a sweet baby! Robin, you must be soooo proud! And so happy! And so relieved! He's definitely a 'keeper'!!

Weeze:

What a picture you and Dexter must have painted in our minds. Love and love and then love him some more ~ every day. He's worth it. While you are doing all that loving, just him and extra hug from me. Is he able to come home yet?

Weather today
Partly Cloudy
45° outside, which is kinda nice. Should rise to greet 58° or so today. It will be the coolest day of the week.
Wind: NE at 6 MPH
Humidity: 79%
Dewpoint: 39°
Pressure: 29.84 in. And rising.
We never did get any of the rain that had been predicted for the weekend, so we watered the gardens yesterday. They needed it, for sure!

Almanac
Normal High: 68°
Normal Low: 41°
Record High: 93° in 1869
Record Low: 27° in 1902

Sunrise: 5:25 am
Sunset: 7:59 pm
Sunrise Tomorrow: 5:24 am
Sunset Tomorrow: 8:00 pm

Moonrise: 12:44 pm
Moonset: 1:58 am
Moonrise Tomorrow: 1:51 pm
Moonset Tomorrow: 2:21 am
Next New Moon: Tuesday, June 02, 2008
Next Full Moon: Monday, May 18, 2008

Today's Moon: first quarter, waxing
Tomorrow's Moon: first quarter, waxing

I just went to the longislandgasprices.com and it put my zip code right in!! I have never been to that site!!! I dont like that!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

here is another one

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx

Was just outside - feels like November! Very raw.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

you are not kidding..... cold damp and windy here

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Very heavy overcast sun just barely shining.
Supposed to have rain but I doubt it will amount to anything.
Off to the shade garden to make a spot ready to transplant baby lilies.

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Yep............same goes for Pennsylvania. Expecting clearing middle of the week.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Baby lilies are in, Plastic barrier sheets are out between three trees and I'm pooped.

The wind is incredible here. Feels like fall hurricane weather. Dexter is home and getting around almost as well as he did with all four. He's a trooper! He even greeted me at the door, tail wagging, shoe in mouth:) Thanks everyone for your well wishes.
Tomorrow and Wednesday look like prime gardening weather. Yippee

Great news, Weeze. Same here with the wind. Weird radar - storm is coming from SE to NW. Like a Noreaster.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Weeze, my heart goes out to you and Dexter! I hope he and you spend many, many more years together. What a trooper he is.

Harper

Getting long - new thread...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/846933/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.