CLOSED: anyone looking for toad lilies....?

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I have a few I would like to trade for someother shade plants.... JLMK OK? Most of mine are purple.. Ronna

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

Ronna-do you know what kinds they are???

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

Hey again. I LOVE toad lilies. They are one of my favorite flowers. And so under-appreciated. I know we've already traded, so can you tell me how you divide your's. I have a couple and would like to increase them, but am afraid to touch them for fear I will kill them.

THey are easy to divide at this point-my leaves are just peaking-that is the best time...I have 3 and just traded for another one-I love them!! SOOO cute!!

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

Mine are already about a foot high. Is it too late to divide them? If not, please give me some details on dividing them.
Thanks

Ronna - Toad Lilies are not very easy to come by. I'll bet you have plenty of takers. (And I won't talk about propogating on your thread any more. ^_^)

I truthfully just dig mine up and split off the sections I want to trade-I do it when they are just peeking-kinda like hostas-sorry I have never taken any pics-will be taking some off next week (if the weather cooperates) from my Samarui..I will try to take pics then, but I treat it like anything I take splits from...sorry if that makes no sense-I have a way of "speaking fairy" that only I seem to understand!!LOL I do't take off big splits though-just FYI...I love mine-have Samarui, Blue Wonder & another one-can't remember-having a senile moment!!LOL I just traded for one that is either white towers or Miyazaki and am trading for Gilt Edge and I just got Gilty Pleasure in my last co-op...

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

Wow, I am so jealous!!! What a great collection. I have a purple spotted one and a kinda marroon spotted one. Names, who knows?? I'm hoping to find one of the bluer variesties. I'm not as wild about the solids.
If either of you want to trade a bluer kind, let me know and I will try to get something you want for it.

The way I found out some of my names was just browsing through the pics of the species...that is also how I found the ones I want-hehehehe-I would love to see pics of yours-my pics of mine are on the PF for them-just click on them in my have list...

Here is my blue wonder...

Thumbnail by Fairy1004
Coos Bay, OR(Zone 8a)

garden sending you a dmail

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

You know what 3gardeners? Im with you I do not know the names or really the colors of my toad lilies... But it seem like they are like the picture fairy took in her reply....? Really never noticed. Sorry. But if you would like a toad lily you are welcomed to one. Im very pleased that you asked!!! You good trader you :) To answer your question I do like Fairy does dig it up and pull apart!!! Than replant!!! They are happy. Fairy I do not know what kind they are or the names... Really dont even remember what color they are. Ronna

Ronna-you are too funny!!!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Sorry not really good at the whole name the plants game... Love them though. I think most of them are purple and spotted

LOL-Sounds about right!!:)

Orangeburg, SC

I would love to trade if your interested. I have been wanting some and dont care about the name.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

good thing jumpin4joy cause I do not know the names!!!! Would be glad to send you a couple if you would like....Ronna

I saw bags of toad lilies at walmart/25 for 4.00. mixed

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Wow what a deal did you buy any??? way worth it!!! Its not that I dont like them I would just like to put something in that I like better!!! :) Im not going to dig them up and dispose of them... Paid to much for them.. happy gardening! Ronna

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

Wow. I've never heard of such a deal! Usually they are bit pricey. They don't have those at my Wal-Mart. In fact, my Wal-Mart doesn't have any bulbs now; and they only had a few in the spring. I'd pay you triple plus shipping if you'd send me some. 25 for $12 is still a good deal.

They had hordes of them. rather they have. boxes and boxes. I could not believe it.

oklahoma city, OK(Zone 7a)

gardenlady123,

Hey I would love to trade for some toad lilies too if you still have some. I have never had any and think they are adorable.
shell

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

I'm not trying to get rid of them, I'm trying to get more! LOL.

zinnialover - I'm serious about my offer. If you would get me some (rather LOTS) at your Wal-Mart, I'd love to pay you for it.

D-mail me if you would do this.

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8a)

Please if you are again at Walmart and would get some of the toad lilies I would pay you for them and mail postage also. Let me know and I will paypal or check to you immediately. I have not seen them at our Wally world. Thank you Elaine

Raleigh, NC

I did not know that toad lilies were bulbs. I know trout liles are, and that price was about average

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8a)

I am still interested in the toad lilies but could not find them at Walmart here. If you have some I would gladly pay postage or work out a trade. Thank Elaine

Nahunta, GA

HI, do you still have toad lilies for trade? I have some shade plants, white spider lily (whole plants), red spider lily (bulbs), ummm, hmm, tell me what kind of stuff you like and we can go from there. Thanks, Laura

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.