Sweet Lilian vs Grandeur

Aschaffenburg, Germany

Here is one I cannot place exactly...also because it could well be one of my first chipped amaryllis from two years ago...

Is this a weakly-colored Grandeur, is it a Sweet Lilian?

Thumbnail by gofast
Solingen, Germany(Zone 7a)

"Sweet Lilian" can be absolutely excluded.
WHY?
Because the upper segments on the right and the left side (the "butterfly segments") are NOT significantly narrower than the lower segments right/left.

Mobile, AL

Congratulations on a two year chipped bulb blooming! I have seen this happen at our local research station under optimal conditions, so that is great!

I do agree that the bloom has very few similarities to Sweet Lilian, and the resultant bloom is somewhat lacking to determine the fact that it is, indeed more likely Grandeur (given a choice between the two)! But the latter is very possible... The first blooms of chipping as well as seedlings are not always the same as well established and fully grown bulbs.

The two year blooms that I have seen from chipping at the research center have been more mature and exact blooms, but I must admit that these cuttings are undergoing exact scientific experiementation, much more than I can ever expect to do from my home.

Again! Congratulations!

Ann

Ewing, VA

I agree with Sir Hans and Ann. Sweet Lilian is has 'smallish' flowers with a white stripe on the petals.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

It does have Grandeur's flower shape although your bloom has more white than my Granduer. But then the color variation could be a result of difference in growing conditions.

My Grandeur last year...
It is still sleeping right now.

Thumbnail by mariava7

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.