Spring Blooms - Part 6

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Rose 'Oso Easy Peachy Cream' getting ready.

Thumbnail by victorgardener

My first columbine - 'Origami Red & White', I think.

JM 'Shigitatsu sawa'. Those things that look like weeds in the background were put in by the photo software.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

great shots Victor..... i have a few origami too from that garden crossings order last year... they are very pretty

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

really!, put in by the photo software..... huh. I like it then, it added a good color contrast to the JM. lol. spray is the only way i get any tulips as well, but my problem (aside from the rodents) is that much of the time there's not enough time for it to dry between rain spells. Does this liquid fence dry quickly? I have used plant skydd for my deer repellent for the last couple of years and so far I love it! And it doesn't smell as bad as any of the other sprays i tried. but, the downside is that It needs to have at least 12 hours to set, I don't get that chances during the winter to spray because of that factor. does the liquid fence set faster?

I never really took note of that, but I would say yes. I tried Plantskyyd from the powder once but it was too messy and clopped the sprayer.

me thinks I need to get this P. coppertina. 'been eyeing for a long time and it's getting too difficult to hold out. there's a local place that has some quite little ones for a really reasonable place, might just have to wonder over there. I think that it would go well between a humulus aurea and ribes s. aurea

It's quickly rising to the top of my favorite shrub list. Not only the incredible color, but the nice tight form as well. Other physocarpus, including Summer Wine, are too floppy for my liking. I will be pruning my Summer Wines back after flowering.

Yep, i do pay particular attention to the sprayer nozzles. it does clog some sizes of them really easily. I have found a couple of reliable ones that target carries.... of all places. I just have a really hard time with the smell of some things. I can look at really gross, nasty stuff, without a problem. But if it has that rotting, curtled,.....I'll stop there, type of smell I can't deal with it without being sick myself. It sounds as if this liquid fence stuff would put me over the edge. Maybe if I wear a clothes clip on my nose I could try some of the "liquid fence"

It does stink, but only at first. You will not smell it the next day. However, try to mix it outside as it does stink up the room!

sounds as if going to get that little coppertina will be on my list of things to do before everything closes today. I have noticed the compactness of it, but wasn't really sure that it the plant itself or the watchful pruning of the growers.

Forgot to say - thanks Allison!

I have not pruned at all yet, but might when it gets over 5 or 6 feet.

do you know of a place that carries it that might be located out here as well. Say maybe home depot or lowes, or someplace like that.

I don't - got all mine online. Fairweather Gardens (they stopped shipping for the spring) and Garden Crossings.

Good to know, thanks a bunch. I will check it out.

Kershaw, SC(Zone 8b)

This is something I look forward to every year. After the yellow catkin like flowers are going away on my Winter Hazel, and the leaves are coming out, but not fully leafed out, they leave behind this magenty purply leaf coating...I love it.

Thumbnail by Hemhostaholic

That's nice - and it matches the edging color of the leaves.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

very nice

the Winter ;-) Hazel does have a great color combination this time of year. I wish the neighbors stray cat hadn't killed mine (scratched it to death).

as i've mentioned before, I don't really have many tulips. I took these today at a place that i'm house sitting at.

Thumbnail by redchic01

another one

Thumbnail by redchic01

bellis I believe

Thumbnail by redchic01

it's cute!

Thumbnail by redchic01

another tulip

Thumbnail by redchic01

and lastly tulips!

Thumbnail by redchic01
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

beautiful pics everyone.

My clematis has buds that are ready to pop. My hydrangea from Hydrangea Plus had buds. My peonies are gonna be georgeous this year with lots of blooms! I'm soooo excited!!!

anita... are we going to get some pictures soon?!?

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I already noticed some clematis wilt last evening, hope it's all I see.

Southeastern, CT(Zone 6a)

Here are some wet pics from yesterday. Columbine bud.

Thumbnail by Nanegoat66

and a tulip

Thumbnail by Nanegoat66

uuhhhh.... the wilt already. Yuk. that's not a good sign.

Beautiful tulip. i think it's just as pretty now as when it opens.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

very pretty everyone Redchic that second tulip is real nice

thanks! Now......... if only i knew what it was!? :-p

Ha! I'm not the only one.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

no that makes at least three of us

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Aqulegea Lime Sorbe
Just newbies now but next year "watch out"
Sorry about the focus.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I don't mind Lime Sorbet - weeks away here.

Leopard's Bane

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Wet tulip

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

planted my first container.
This will sit behind red lilies and yellow Cannas, maybe a fer pale yellow millionbells and orange and pink coleus. I'll plant the rest of the containers next week.

Thumbnail by ge1836

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.