Spring Blooms - Part 6

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

I'm a night owl during weekdays.... work deams it that way. then switch shifts for the weekend and fall in to imbetween every category

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Nope I have a big day today.
My gallery is having a solo show for me and the opening coctail party is tonight.
This means no dirt under my nails.
I meed good vibes for sales so I can breakeven on framing costs and pay for all the plants I bought in3/s to start the perennial garden here at the new house.

ohhh.... schicken,,, if you were to step into the water there in that picture, it would be about 35 deg now. Pure snow melt run-off!

well good luck. I'm sure that you'll do great. Were all sending goof vibes your way I'm sure!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes we are!

I wouldnt step in that water. It would take 5 big guys to throw me in that water. They would be bruised men......

meant to say "good vibes." I agree with the 5 big, bruised, guys part..... that would be most interesting to see. maybe in the summer though!

If I made it out of the water those men better not go to sleep and close their eyes....

ROFL!! that's great. if my co-workers ever decide to throw me in I'll be sure to tell them that. or maybe that you're coming to get them!!! I don't think tney'll bey doing it anytime soon though.

That is what good heavy cast iron frying pans are good for - OUCH

beautiful. and I'll get a picture of the cast iron pan with some flowers in it to show everyone!

lol- My GH needs some air. I am going to end up drowing everything in there if I don't get it opened up. The weather is just not cooperating here. Clouds, rain, some some, and cold.

probaby a good thing that Victor doesnt seem to be ready this already this morning!

Hey we were sleep walking - what can you say?

all right, really.... good night and good morning to all.

hmmmmm..... that fits for me too! so tired i'm sleeping sitting up so I didn't know what was going on. that's my line!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

good night redchick see you tomorrow
Jo Ann

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I finally get a flower or two and along comes jack frost!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Look at the tulip foliage!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

But I have this Lily 'Strawberries & Cream' blooming in my bathroom.
It has 4 blooms open and 2 more buds!!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Beautiful

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks Jo Ann, it was a little disappointing to see it bloom, it looks alot like my Dot Com lily.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I love lilies and now that I know the Liquid Fence trick I intend to plant more

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Nice pics, rc and Celeste. Love the frost and the lilies, Celeste.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks Victor!

Marlborough, MA(Zone 5b)

I hate it when I don't know where the party is.....
What is the liquid fence trick????

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Sorry Chuck I thought I was the last in line to know about it.
Deer repellent and so far it is working, or there are no deer in his housing tract at this time.
New house since July when gardens were done, looked bare so I ordered $200.00 tulip bulbs.
THEN the neighbors said we have a deer problem.
My sister used Liquid Fence at her house for a year and swears by it.
Stinks bad but oder doesn't last.
Apply spray as per directions and then every three weeks.
All the tulips bloomed and the emerging Hostas seem to be OK last summer the deer ate only the blossoms one week and the whole plant the next.
I will have a better idea about L F after a season of blooms. Lilies in particular, july will tell.
Also heard from neighbor the deer wait for the roses to bloom then they eat the blossom, what's a rose for anyway? No bloom-- not much fun!!!

Marlborough, MA(Zone 5b)

I am usually a private person who doesn't share a lot of personal things but.....
I recieved a call from my daughter last night. Her sweet little one month old daughter is in the hospital in intensive care with a very severe eye infection. It came on very fast and the doctors have no idea of what is causing it. They have poor little Eliza in isolation. The only good thing is that she is in U-Mass hospital which is one of the better teaching centers in New England.
If you could include Eliza in your thoughts and prayers my family would be very greatful
Thanks, Chuck

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Chuck, Eliza will be in my prayers and thoughts...hope all goes well.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

It is stressfull when small ones are so sick.
I will be thinking of her and your daughter.

So sorry

Certainly, Chuck. Good luck.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Sending Eliza and all your family best wishes for a good outcome.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Sending good vibes your way today Jo Ann! Good luck at your show! Wish I could see it.

Chuck, I'm so sorry to hear about Eliza's trip to the hospital. Praying she recovers quickly and fully.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm such n egoist I'll send pics of the walls I hung Wed.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

wall2

Thumbnail by ge1836

Very nice. I knew paintings could be hung, but entire walls!!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

wall3
To bad DG crops pics. All paintings are flowers

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

wall4

Thumbnail by ge1836

Do you have to do the ceiling too?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.