"Sunrise, Sunset"

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I won't start singing "Sunrise, Sunset", but I will share with you the first blooms of C. "Sunset" as it begins to unfurl.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

The majestic beauty of a single bloom.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

"Sunset" in triplicate.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Richmond Hill, GA

Shirley, What a beauty. Love the color. My Venosa Violacea started blooming this morning. Here's one of the first blooms.
Arlene

Thumbnail by cattjovi

Thanks Arlene. I also love Venosa Violacea.

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Shirley, your Sunset is gorgeous! It's now on my wish list.

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Here's my "Sunset" from a few years ago. That was its first year. I was sick all summer and wasn't able to take care of it. It didn't come back the next year. But it's a beauty, and if I hadn't replaced it with Versailles I'd get one again. (All my clematises are in containers.)

Oops! Forgot to attach the pic.

Thumbnail by revclaus
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Shirley..How beautiful..so glad my friend to see your babies starting to bloom..she is loverly!!..Jeanne

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful!

(Zone 4a)

Nice colour!

Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate all your comments!!

Would you guys believe that I found "Sunset" at Home Depot. It was simply a matter of luck! I was amazed that Home Depot even carried it. I was simply "hit or miss" and this time, it was a "hit"!

revclaus: Your "Sunset" is beautiful. I'm sorry it didn't come back for you, but I'm glad you are able to grow other beautiful Clematis in containers. It's really easy to take care of a lot of them that way. Many of mine are growing in containers too.

Shirley, I got my Sunset at Lowe's. If you get there early in the season they have great things. Yes, I love my clematis(es). I've even got buds on my Versailles and the jackmanii is showing tiny buds. Can't wait to see them bloom this year. They should be in their prime.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Wow Shirley, it's beautiful!!! Can't beleive mines not blooming yet and your's is. It's got buds tho!! ^_^

Debbie

revclaus: I agree that if you frequent the big box stores in the Springtime, you will probably find several different varieties of Clematis. However, the varieties vary greatly from region to region. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures of "Versailles" and "Jackmanii" when they are clothed in blossoms.

Debbie: Your zone is just a bit cooler than my growing area. The weather can be fickle sometimes and if you happen to have a warm spell for several days, those buds will open and reward you with glorious blooms. Looking forward to seeing your "Sunset" photos very soon!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.