Iris trades?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I have a list here of iris I can trade, I'm not very familiar with timing on sending iris so if we need to wait till later on to do these trades, maybe we can set them up in the trade tracker for reminding us later on. but I'd like to set a few up so I'll know what not to order in coops LOL

here's my list I will gather up some more tomorrow these aren't all the tb's I have and I have some sdbs not here either. but I'm really just looking for TB's in return. Would like to trade the japanese for japanese iris though

have some sdb iris not listed yet
Iris
tb:
octoberfest
IB iris lemon pop
immortality
pearl of autumn
beauty crown
babbling brook
pearl
all american
virgincia pink
peach picotee
knock em dead
liason
aggressively forward
beaches
copatonic
point in time
blue jay way
mexican moth
smoke rin
supreme sultan
night edition
celebrity song
sanfransisco
pallida alba
june marie

Added these:
TB's
persian berry
congratulations
living right
smoke rings
octoberfest
orange majesty
sunray reflections

BB miss nellie
IB artic fancy
MTB honorable
MTB apricot drops
MTB Reminiscense
MTB concord cafe
SDB starbaby
BB whoop em up
SDB ritz
SDB sky ray
SDB autumn embers
SDB boo
MDB merit
IB honey glazed

if any of these are labeled wrong with the abbrev. let me know, i'll fix it.

siberians: most of my siberians were new a couple years ago, these are tradable and the rest have had their tags dug up by the darned chickens
shaker's prayer
ruffled velvet

japanese I'm willing to trade right now
oriental eyes
epimethius
kaemferi

Louisiana iris I can trade now
voodoo rite
poverty point
kristi g
clyde redmon
acadian miss
henry rowland
cajun sunrise
gate crasher special trades only
pix d elegance
geisha girl

This message was edited Apr 28, 2008 10:25 PM

This message was edited Apr 30, 2008 11:23 AM

This message was edited May 8, 2008 5:58 PM

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Looks like you've been busy! We usually dig & trade iris 6 weeks after they bloom. I'm still waiting to see if tonight's freeze will ruin this year's iris displays.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL. I had these iris listed on the plant trading forum for other plants Ijust copied and pasted the list here LOL

I do have others though, I haven't made it over to them ha!

The late freeze ruined all my blooms last year, but I'm having quite a show right now , their all fixing to bloom big time. some have already. I'm excited, some are new and I haven't seen blooms in 2 years since the frost killed out the blooms last year.

Jacumba, CA(Zone 8b)

I have a couple of TB's but I don't know the names. Would you be interested if I posted pictures?
Karen

South Hamilton, MA

Move Lemon Pop to a list of intermediates. Just I. pumila in bloom now (in the rain) and a couple MDBs. We dig our irises in July.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Karen, I'd rather trade these for named iris. I kind of wondered about lemon pop, it was shorter than the rest of them.

thanks for that info

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

So is lemon pop considered a BB or IB or just intermediate iris?

so I can edit my post above

South Hamilton, MA

Lemon Pop is an IB, I spelled it out for new people.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL Thanks, I'll change that one I have some other iris I forgot to label weather they were IB or tb etc... I'll have to post pics of them later on

Denham Springs, LA(Zone 8b)

Kathy,

I have a LA Iris called Blue Ribbon. I am interested in your Poverty Point and Cajun Sunrise. Can we trade?

Carol

Thumbnail by Ladysaltfire
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

OH Carol, I'd love to trade, I have a hard time raising La iris's too much heat and not enough water. That's a beautiful iris though La's are so beautiful to me, but so hard to handle this heat, I have no pond either, their just in the ground so I have to water heavy.

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

girl I would love to trade for capotonic and maybe some others..I'll later send a list of what TBs I have to trade

I do have several trades of this bog iris i don't have the name for

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Denham Springs, LA(Zone 8b)

Ok. I can understand how hard it can be to keep a thirsty plant alive. It was worth asking.

Carol

Oooo sorry I may have butted into the wrong post......

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

You posted in the right place jackie if you want to trade wit h me LOL

send me a list of your TB's ok,

OK ..will do...thanks....... soon as I check to see what has multiplied enough to trade...save at least one Capotonic for me.........

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

that one is a beauty

Frequent Flyer
Easter Bonnet
Champagne Elegance

these I can trade pups from in about a month
Crush on you
celebration song
unchartered waters
indian cheif
lady friend
fancy woman
Rio
Vienna Waltz
Ebony angel
alpenview

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

What are pups? LOL can you tell i'm not use to doing anything with my iris?

maybe not a correct terminology.......but that's what I call the new ones that have put out from the moms this year, most will bloom fine next season but will be a smaller rhizome when you get them

Wanda, I have prayed my iris out of harms way 2 or 3 times this season.I will try to see if I can do it long distance for yours........;>)

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

i'm sending you a dmail

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I just added a bunch of other iris to the list,

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Merit is an MTB
I believe the iris you have identified as Rememberence is actually Reminiscence.
Orange Majesty is a TB
Honorabile was registered as a TB but is usually identified as an MTB nowadays
Honey Glazed is an IB
Miss Nellie is a BB

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks so much, that rememberence name on the tag was quite small so it definitely could be the other. I think it's blooming now,

I just can't keep up any more on the ib , bb mtb sdb, parts, it's so hard just keeping up with the names of them. LOL

South Hamilton, MA

Using the P-touch size can be added to name markers & gradually the size will stick with you.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Kathy Ann,

You might want to consider keeping a database of all of your irises so that you have the registration information in one place for easy referral. That's what I do with mine, and I use it all the time. I can run searches on my database for specific cultivar names, iris classes or types, dates of introduction, hybridizers, plant characteristics such as reblooming or space age, or even bloom color. Each time I plant a new iris, I look up its info in the online AIS registration database at http://www.irisregister.com/ and add that info to my own private database. It sure helps me keep things straight in my iris beds.

Laurie

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

that's a good idea, thanks

I keep a data base, but my fingers still stumble sometimes and record an IB as a TB. Got to keep them all straight...

Raleigh, NC

I do my database the easy way - if it's not noted, it's a TB. Everything else gets alphabet soup initials! And the only reason to do that is so as not to dig and replant behind something taller!

Kathy, have you tried digging out a bed down to the depth of a kiddie pool and then burying the pool in there? You can get instant pool - well, minus the digging part - for less than $10 for a kiddie pool at Kmart. Haven't tried it, but everyone here swears it works for Louisana irises.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

That's an idea, i'd have to get my DS to do the work LOL

I already need to buy one kiddie pool for my goslings. Dh would say what the heck is the other one for, they only need one LOL

Good idea though.

I am still going to do some louisiana iris trading if someone asks me . I haven't had any more takers though.

The only problem I've seen with the kiddie pool is trying to keep the mosquitos down, since it often holds standing water.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Wouldn't mosquito dunks work?

Raleigh, NC

thought you buried the whole pool and backfilled - the idea is when you water it has no where to go- the dirt stays saturated - but I don't think I'd add enough water so much as to attract skeeters.

Do you even have skeeters in AR? LOL

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

"""Do you even have skeeters in AR? LOL""""

THAT is not EVEN FUNNY........ with all the rain we have had they will almost CARRY you away!!! I think sometimes visitors mistake them for BIRDS!!! ^_^

Genna

Sorry I know this is not an Iris post.,........

Raleigh, NC

sorry Gen - LOL - thought it was too dry in AR to have 'em! Actually, MIL used to live in Tonapah - I should have asked her first!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

WHO SAID THAT! LOL skeeters were born here and fly out to all the other states. Don't cha know! LOL

WE get them bad here.

is a good idea submerging the pool and putting soil in and just keeping it moist, n o drainage, sounds like heaven for the louisianas, don't they like sand?

there is a iris hybridizer in searcy, i'm fixing to go visit him soon, he has his louisianas in sand

My cousin grows hers on the side of a big farm pond in lower Illinois. They're gorgeous there....

Black gamecock, grows pondside or this group is in a dry flowerbed

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Laurief That link you listed, it requires a username and password to check iris.

I have some I wanted to check if they wre mini's or others and couldn't get on that site.

is there somewhere else to go to find out which iris these named ones belongto?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.