Texensis (Hedgleigh Strain)

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Just got this from Brushwood. It is a pretty yellowish pink color. I thought the Texensis was a dark pink. Anyone know more about this strain? Can't find much info on it. If I plant the seeds will they be the same as the parent?

Thumbnail by rosethyme
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

How pretty..Doesn't Dan have some of the neatest clematis!!.Jeanne

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Don't forget that the color may darken with age. The first couple of blooms may be immature and may not be indicative of it's true color in the coming years.

Enjoy these delightful and delicate blooms. I love all the texensis varieties.

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Shirley,I think the peachy color looks so unusual...I'll post a picture when the bloom is more mature. It may change color like you say. The picture on Brushwood's site shows it as being a dark pink.

Yes, Jeanne, I adore Dan at Brushwood. I've always been so pleased with their plants. I just received 9 new clematis the other day....Debutante, Guernsey Cream, Texensis, Huvi, Henryi, Ladakhiana, Luther Burbank, Inspiration(Zion), Petit Faucon.

The only problem is when I get a new order, I immediately want to place another. :)

I agree! I just received a big order too and I'm ready to place another one. Some one please restrain me! I need help from Clematis Anonymous!!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh thank God..it's not just me..LOL...when I get mine I always want to order more!!...Jeanne

Clematis are SO addictive!!!

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Karen-
I keep coming on here to admire that gorgeous color. wow...

I took your advice from the other day, and wrote Dan. He said all the hedgley strain were turning out pinkish...but said nothing about peach! :0)

He is interested in some of the ones I have and he mentioned trade in a couple of weeks when he slows down! Yay!
-T

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Taylor, isn't Dan so nice? I've always received quick response when asking questions. Good for you on your trade...we want to hear all the details.

The Texensis has darkened a bit. Here are some pics I took today:

Thumbnail by rosethyme

any new pics for us, with the sepals curled back??
-T

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

I will look.

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Here you go, T.

Thumbnail by rosethyme

Well, they certainly have darkened, haven't they?...but still wouldn't call them red...

I love the color of them when you first took that picture...

What color would you call them now?...watermelon?
-T

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

They are still peachy-pink colored...only darker. Definitely not red.

Thumbnail by rosethyme

The form certainly looks like viorna-style, since the sepals don't curl back all the way. I love it!

Thank you for posting more pics.

-Taylor

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.