Message to everyone who got tomatoes from me at the RU

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

I was doing a lot of planting thiw weekend nd noticed that some of the larger plants had blossoms on them. If the plants you got from me had blossoms, make sure you pinch them off. You want the plant to put it's efforts into forming a strong root system not producing fruit.

BB

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

Thanks, Bronx - I just noticed my Striped Hollow has buds, & I was going to ask if I should pinch them off!~
Samantha

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Just saw your thread. Thanks. Mine are growing great, but no blooms yet. Will be sure to pinch their little heads off when I see them. I am planting them far apart to keep them from crossing.
Elaine

Bronx-

I didn't get my tomatoes from you, but maybe you know the answer just the same....my tomatoes have been in teh ground now about 3 weeks and most are about 2' tall.....how long should I continue to pinch off the buds?

Thanks in advance.....where in Lawrenceville are you? I'm just a few miles from the mall of GA.....

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

My tomatoes have been in the ground for almost four weeks and are also about two feet tall. I have only had to cover them twice with some newspaper. I sink them down to four -six leaves when planting and then let them fly. We should be picking our first tomatoes within two weeks. I don't ever pinch blossoms and ours produce until hard freeze. Guess it depends on how you hardened off your plants, but I don't try to grow too early as the growth is soft and not as vigorous.

No.

2 Feet is ok.

Leave your blossoms

BB

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.