Coleus Chatters thru May 4th

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Good Morning to all you coleus addicts! I do hope for you that this week fills the air with sweet perfume and lovely blooms! We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/837316/#new

Time to put on your Boogie Shoes....

Girl, to be with you is my fav’rite thing
uh huh
And I can’t wait til I see you again
yeah, yeah
I want to put on my my my my my
boogie shoes
just to boogie with you, yeah
boogie shoes just to boogie with you,uh huh
I want to do it ‘til the sun comes up
uh huh, and I want to do it ‘til
I can’t get enough, yeah, yeah
boogie shoes
just to boogie with you, yeah
boogie shoes just to boogie with you
uh huh, yeah yeah
boogie shoes
just to boogie, with you, yeah
boogie shoes just to boogie with you, yeah

Florida Sun Splash

Thumbnail by Brinda
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

good morning, just passing threw, but have got to show you my baby turkeys!

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo
Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

OOOH! I WANT ONE! so cute....

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

jada, cute yes, noisy VERY. we moved them from the porch to the garage because even with the door closed, we couldn't hear the tv over their peeping

Oh, they are so adorable they could make all the noise they wanted, I'd teach them to sing Brinda's boogie shoes :-)

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

i can't wait until they are big enough to let run around in the yard.

Are trhey mean when they older? What do they eat? I'm so amazed with them.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

jada, they will follow you around like puppies, and perch on your back while your weeding. they eat the same as chickens

The fence in my yard is only 4-5 feet high. If I got one would he escape?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

he shouldn't. when he gets big clip one of his wings

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Then he would fly in circles? LOLOL

Just passing through... back to work!

Love to all...

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Cute turkeys Jordan. What do you do with them when they are grown? Are they a food source? Hate to ask. Don't want to offend anyone.

Juanita

Oh boy. we are expecting tornadoes and our regularly scheduled programs have been pre empted and the weather men are finally earning their pay and its raining cats and dogs and I think If it gets bad i might climb into the old refrigerator in the basement or the church basement across the street. Its crazy, but I would like to see one up close.

South Venice, FL(Zone 9b)

jadajoy, hope you are safe! Just heard on the news that 200 people were injured in VA.

Kathy, those little turkeys are just too cute!

Brinda, we survived the Packing Extravaganza- it was really fun! So many cute little baby plants, almost as cute as coleus!

I planted a bed of coleus on Saturday, can't wait until they fluff out a bit. Sure wish we would get some rain, they would be so much happier!

Cathy

Cathy
Thanks! It pretty much passed by us and touched down in spots in the next county. The pics were awesome and it was amazing how it skipped some homes and devastated others on the same street. We dont get many tornadoes just hurricane warnings so it was a different experience. Just glad there were no reported deaths .

Oooh, glad to hear you are OK Joyce! Tornadoes are nothing to mess with, I don't even like watching the Nature Channel's stories on them!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Has anybody else found these "Saber Mix"?

Thumbnail by sugarweed

Then this was showing out

Thumbnail by sugarweed

And so was this.

Thumbnail by sugarweed

A few RD babies.

Thumbnail by sugarweed

And some more

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

Tonights evening prayer:

Dear Coleus Gods,
I want them all
Amen

ps, you may throw in a few true to seeds other items if you want. double amen.

Nice coleus babies Sidney! They are gorgeous. I've not seen the Saber Mix down this way at all. Might have to go look again this weekend.

frans530,
Can I borrow your prayer tonight?

Cathy

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Love that prayer Frans. I think though that mine for tonight might have to be "Please Goddess, let the frost pass me by." I can see it already. The frantic moving of the Brugs and hundreds of other things that are settling in outside. Just when you think it's safe....it isn't. AHHH the life of a farmer as my Grandfather would say.

Have a great day everyone,
Juanita

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

speaking of the big freeze:
Luckily after 15 years we switched from a double bed to a king bed... do you know how many sets of sheets one collects in 15 years if you never throw anything away???

My yard looks like a yard sale waiting for morning opening at 6am. lol

Well, morning folks. The bus trip was postponed until 11am and it was just too much too late so I canceled. We had a full day of protesting to do tomorrow after a Loooong drive and I just didn't think I could get there late and still have my senses. We were originally leaving at 8am. Our bus was the only one leaving that late.
Anyhow I'm glad I'm home.
Sidney

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Good Morning everyone!

Sidney, I'm sorry you didn't get to make the trip, but I know you're happy to be home. I know you have plenty to keep you busy. LOL Very nice pics of your babies. In the RD picture, is that SugarCastle in the top center? I think of you everytime I see that name. It's a pretty one!

Fran!!! There you are! We had all that weather Sunday night and yesterday. I hauled it all back inside Sunday night (with help from DH&DS) and I was certainly happy that I did. We didn't get frost but the winds were so bad and at 40*, I think the wind chill was something like 32*!!! Way too cold for all these itty bitty treasures.

Juanita? No tornados? I thought about you & Joyce last night when I watched the news. I'm happy that everyone is safe!!!

Cathy, you're such a trooper! I just can't believe all the work that you all had to do with packing that co-op. Man, I know you were happy to be home. How far did you have to drive?

What ever happened to Pam? She must be covered up with greenhouse work as I haven't seen her in a couple of weeks. She really needs to come back and share some pics with us!!!

Kell? Did you get lost at Filoli? LOL Or maybe they finally decided to just put you to work?

Lala? When are you coming back to the coleus forum? You're missed!

Kathy? How are the turkey babies? They are so cute!

Well, I have a gazillion things to do today. Today is quota day for my job and like many of the past few weeks, I've waited until the last minute to do my work. LOL Guess I'll be bangin' the keyboard til late tonight.

Braden has a school project where they are building a large A frame swingset for a retirement home and it's all been going on in our garage for the past 5 Saturdays... and I'm really tired of it. LOL It really wouldn't be so bad but his teacher seems to think that I have nothing better to do with my Saturday mornings that sit and chat with her for hours. I told Allan last night that I wanted them to hurry and get it done!!!!! Hopefully there is only one more Saturday and maybe two til it's finished and OUT OF HERE!

I'm puttin' on 'my my my my my boogie shoes' rignt now so I can bang away at my keyboard all day today!

Have a beautiful day everyone...

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Morning all. I am about to go off for another great day but I first have to get my assignment completed that I got from my husband. I failed to even start it yesterday so I got THE LOOK when he got home. I may just put everything in bags and hide them so I can leave. LOL I so hate cleaning up.

Those baby turkeys are so cute, Kathy! Why do you have baby turkeys? For pets? We have had wild turkeys come around here. They are big.

Fran, I just love your prayer. I am going to say it too!

Poor Brin, the mother with the mostest including your son's teacher. LOL It is your own fault. You are too good.

Well I am off to do my assignment then off for a day of looking at plants.

Thumbnail by Kell
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

hi everyone, on my way to the feed store to get a new heat lamp for the babies. theirs burned out. holler at ya'll later

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

Kell, send your bags here, I will hide them ;-)

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Kell, i have a thing with animals. i need everything i see. we went to the feed store, i saw the baby turkeys and begged my husband for 2. i ended up with 7
out to plant my echies. later ya'll

Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hello my good coleus buddies,

It's 24 days left of school and yes I am definately counting. FREEDOM can't get her quick enough and maybe then I won't have to be such a lurker; I can be more of a participator.

We finally got some rain over the weekend and it couldn't have come at a better time. I've spent the last two evenings at the hospital visiting my sister who just had back surgery. All seems to have gone well and she should be coming home tomorrow. They had her up and walking today and she already feels relief--no more shooting pain down her legs.

The coleus are growing and things are blooming in the garden. I do so love this time of year before the major heat of South Texas sets in. I will be glad when I can go out and sit on the patio each morning and enjoy the new bed my husband helped me with over the Christmas holidays instead of having to jump out of bed and get ready for work. I love spring as far as gardening goes, but as far as teaching goes--this is the time of year when we teachers get pooped!!!!!

Hope everyone's garden is flourishing.

Patty

Kell, what is that neato looking yellow flower you posted above?

Brinda, I've recovered from the coop packing! It was a lot of fun, meeting Chris, Gretchen and William was a treat, and getting to see all those little baby plants was way cool! It was a lot more work than they anticipated, but they were absolute troopers! I can only imagine the accounting nightmare on your end....

I planted a nice bed of coleus last Saturday, about a dozen different flavors and a few Torenia mixed in too. Can't wait until they fill out and look nice and fluffy. It has been terribly dry and really low humidity here for the last week, really unlike our "normal" weather. Lots of plants are dropping leaves in response and I'm watering like a madwoman, trying to pull them through until we get some rain. At least it's good exercise!

Cathy

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I never got out of the house today and I didn't start my assignment till after my nap at about 3:30. I so suck at being a housewife. I ran out to water this morning and then got involved in watching the Rev. Wright story. Then I thought of UniQue Treasures and what a good wife she is, so I was shamed into staying home and working. Then after I made such a big decision, I decided I needed a nap. LOL. It is so true. Anyway, I didn't get my assignment finished but my husband is so thrilled I actually tried. I think it gave him hope. So I quickly told him I was off tomorrow on an outing just so he didn't get too hopeful. Fran's prayer will never come true for me if I stay home cleaning!!

Oh Kathy I am so happy you didn't say you were going to eat them when they got older. Do you have a big farm?

Hi again Patti. Great you get the summer off to play.

Cathy, I can't wait to get my plants. Thanks for all your hard work! And thank you too, Brinda!

That plant is an isopogan. There are many varieties. They are from a family of plants I am endlessly fascinated by but I had promised only to go look at and admire them from afar (i.e. off my property). But a few weeks ago I broke down and bought one of them, a purple one.

Here is a pink one!

Thumbnail by Kell

Wow Kell, that is so beautiful! I had a friend who used to vend fresh cut flowers and occasionally she would get King Proteas. I just checked Plant Files and they are related. I can understand your endless fascination! I think you need one of each color.

Cathy

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Yes, the family of Protea, my real thrill in life. So many interesting plants belong to that exquisite family. I am trying to get my husband to go on a South America garden tour with me. However truth be told, we both would not have a great time because 5 minutes after getting to a garden he wants to leave. I just may go on a garden tour by myself. But then I would miss him too much.

Protea cynaroides is the KING OF PROTEA. Maybe my favorite protea, but not my favorite member of the Protea family! If that makes sense. LOL

Thumbnail by Kell
Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Kell, PLEASE STOPP ADDING TO MY DESIRES!!!!! DH is gonna kill me when I order some of those great looking blooms.....

I wonder if he would consider moving to cali?

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

oh my.. Kell are you saying I have to actually work in order for my prayers to work too? I never knew it went that way.. darn it!

But that is one cool looking flower up there! I like it and am now going to look it up..

I will be late for tonights prayer.... but I just keep praying..

Gepharts sent an e-mail that my order was shipped this afternoon.
I am so looking forward to them and seeing if they have great plants.
I got this from a e-mail.
It pretty well says my life on it.

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Very Cute! I love it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.