And the greener worm picture

Berkeley, CA(Zone 9a)

Immature brand?

Thumbnail by dun1kirk

Cabbage butterfly? Pretty white butterflies about two inches long. They flutter on through and keep going.

I thought I had them, but a few chrysalis's in a jar hatched out brown moths with white edges on their wings, and a fuzzy tail that they wwiggled, for true! lol

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Molamola,
My son "captured" a caterpillar and I looked everywhere how to make a "home" where it can survive and hatch, and couldnt really find any info! How did you do that?

Berkeley, CA(Zone 9a)

If I seem to have so many, won't they eat a lot of foliage?

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 8b)

Dun, do you know what plant you are finding them on? Most butterfly caterpillars are particular about what they will eat.

A caterpillar will eat nothing but the plant you find it on, they will starve unless you give it what it was eating when found. If you want to grow them, plant what they eat, and hope a butterfly comes along to lay eggs. Black Swallowtails eat parsley, Monarchs eat milkweed.

And, yes, they do gobble up the plant. I'm sharing my Rainbow Chard at the moment, hope they leave me some! But I haven't gone looking for what butterfly's larvae it is. Or moth...

Thumbnail by
San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Yuk! lol!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.