What color is Barbara Jackman??

Harleysville, PA

I bought this clematis at walmart today and it looked darker purple but some photos I see is light lavendar in color so any photos out there to see its true color? i have it next to a red blaze climber. Should I move it?? Will it clash??

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I'm not familiar with it but have you checked Silver Star Vinery or Chalk Hill to compare colors?

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

It looks just like the pic on COTW in person...the red bar will match your roses?...Jeanne
http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=77
Personally I like a white clematis with a red rose..it just shows up better

Harleysville, PA

Well our shed is white with black shutters so I guess this will work..
Thanks. I was looking for a darker purple but this is ok...

Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

I saw a Barbara Jackman in bloom at a local nursery, yesterday. She was a beautiful medium lavender. Large flower.

Edited after viewing the link that Jeanne provided. The Barbara Jackman I saw at the nursery was obviously mis-labeled as she was solid colored without a red stripe!

This message was edited Apr 28, 2008 9:46 AM

Harleysville, PA

Can she change colors to some degree maybe this happened??

Reidsville, NC

Here is a Barbara Jackman in my garden.

Thumbnail by lblackwell
Harleysville, PA

She looks almost white here? Would she be too light in full sun for my shed??

Thumbnail by jess2132000
Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

Jess2132000,

What a beautiful shed -- and beautifully landscaped too! Thanks for sharing this photo! With your cottage-style border and landscaping, I think any color of clematis would look just fine.

Reidsville, NC

I agree what would not look good there. Your landscaping is beautiful.

Harleysville, PA

Thank you as my blaze climbing rose should be really blooming again soon and it covers the wholw one side of the white shed this year... I wanted another wanted a clematis to go with the blaze rose so I guess it will take some time but she does have 3 blooms on the little vine so once they open I will have to see the colors..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.