Weight Loss Challange April 26th - May 3rd

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

It is a chilly April morning here in central MO. That means I'll be indoors vaccuming up the cat hair instead of out in the yarden working. The clumps of daylilies I rescued yesterday morning have plenty of mud on the tubers so they will be fine for a few days. Digging them may explain why my shoulders were/are so sore last night and this morning.

Breakfast was a duck +a banty egg 'fried' and a slice of whole grain toast. Why possessed me to spray the bread before I put it into the toaster beats me. But it was good nontheless. I finally got tired of rye bread/toast and went to the bread store yesterday and got some ww & wg. Last night I ended up mixing the last 1/3 cup or so of the meat/veggies from lunch into the last 1/2 cupt of the veggies and cheese & just finished off the left overs before bed.

I've had my meds, heated a blanket strip on the top of the LP gas space heater and have that wrapped around my shoulders. Feels rather good. I don't know why I didn't think of this long ago. Heat is my bestest friend when I ache. It is hard to get heat pads, water/ice bottles/bags to stay on the shoulder area. They keep sliding off so going to sleep is sure to get the comfort moved away from where I need it. Maybe an electric blanket is the answer. I have Jack's. Think maybe I'll dig it out of the closet. I'm sure it still worked the last time he used it. The house is chilly this morning so I'm trying to stay warm while the house heats up to a comfortable temp.

Ally, do you have any idea what it is that you are allergic too? Maybe allergy tests are needed? They really aren't that bad. I've done it at least 3 times in my life and most of the children have had them. If it helps to prevent these terrible infections it is worth the little bother they are. Some doctors just take a vial of blood and that is it. Others do the scratch test. I've had both.

We won't be hearing from Susan as she will be enjoying time with her DH. I wonder what wonderful southern event they will attending this weekend? She always gives such wonderful descriptions of what they did. I would never suspect she is totally blind if she hadn't told us. She does such a fabulous job of navagating thru life without one of the senses the rest of us take so for granted. I am in awe of her. Her husband has such a testimony of GOD's mercy and healing power. That dog of hers is a blessing beyond words. A good dog is invaluable to humans.

I pray Tricia keeps in touch with us. I wonder if she took her email or stayed a member of DG when she moved. I am so concerned about her & the children. She needs the support of her family now.

Vic, I hope you get to keep on walking the mountain. I have read about bad weather keeping you indoors. You do have your equipment to help you stay active tho.

Have I missed anyone? I didn't mean too. GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 38 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!