Humidity Is Awful

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

This humid weather is killing me. My legs swell, I am on oxygen and it is hard to breath and all the aches and pains are not helped by it either. I did get a dehumidifier and it helps in the house. I have to keep it cool and as dry as possible. It is terrible to think younger and to have a body that is worn out and should be sent to the junk yard. I can't do half of the things I would like to do. It is just so depressing sometime. Guess I will go see what is on the boob tube.

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Yeah - i just hate it when the 18 year old in my head goes out and abuses my 49 year old disintegrating body! She still thinks I can work all day and sleep all night.

On the bright side, we WILL have a lovely, dry, autumn with plenty of time to enjoy our gardens and grandchildren and the bright blue weather! POSITIVE THINKING!!!

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

Honibee, if your breathing problem is related to asthma ask your doctor about singulair. I developed asthat at age 45 and much to my dismay I could no longer take the heat even to go to the store, I would just about choke to death. I was put on singulair in 1998 and now still on it at age 50 I can atleast breathe in the heat. Does nothing for the swelling hurting legs nor the pain from the neuropathy from my diabetes but at least I can go sit under the shade tree and at least be outside some. I too am looking forward to fall. When the temps fall and I will be able to work in my yard some again. I understand fully your depression. Some days you get so angry because you can't do what you want to anymore. My 70 yr. old mother in law acan work circles around me at 50. Well at least I am alive and can enjoy my kids and hubby even if I can't enjoy the yard for now. Take care and keep the stiffer upper lip. Janet

New Orleans, LA(Zone 9A)

The heat and humidity are terrible here in New Orleans also. We say that in this area people get depressed at the start of summer, not the start of winter!!! New Orleans is nearly frostfree, so we have blooms all through that season but not many during this sauna-like period. The heat causes neurological symptoms - tingling, numbness and weakness in my limbs. The humidity makes it worse because sweating does not cool the body very well in high humidity!! I am just waiting for October.

Knoxville, TN

yes, i to have a 50 year old body,or sometimes it feels like 80,but i can't seem to get my mine to understand
that i am no longer a young spout,lol or my lab either
when i call him to help get me up,he thinks i want to play so here i am with a 70pd, lab over me and all i wanted was help getting up to go to the bathroom,i just found out last week i have 3 more places on my spine that need surgery,
i get scared because i can't feel the whole uppper part of my leg,and when shaggy jumps up ,i am afraid he will
cut my leg and i won't feel it,and because i am on blood thinner now i could bleed and not know it,poor shaggy he doen't understand.he looks up at me so sad.how do u explain to a lab,that nana can't play anymore.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.