Need info on these SDB or IB's

Durham, ME(Zone 3a)

Time Of Grapes, Fibber, Crayola Pink, if there is no craolya Pink then it might be Pink Crayon, and Honey Mist. Thanks for any info recieved.

Julianna

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

From the American Iris Society register:

TIME OF GRAPES

(L. Christlieb, R. 1979) SDB, 12" (30 cm), M
Dark violet (RHS 88A) self; fuzzy blue beard. (Snow Flurry x Down Beat) X Sulina. Christlieb, Riverdale Iris 1979

FIBBER

(Barry Blyth, R. 1991) Sdlg. X26-1. SDB, 10-12" (25-30 cm), ML
Pale peach apricot, F. with creamy center; beards white, tipped tangerine. (Oladi x Fifi) X Tricks. Tempo Two 1991/92

CRAYOLA PINK

(O. D. Niswonger, R. 1994) Sdlg. SDB 70-91. SDB, 12" (30 cm), ML
S. pale pink; F. pink; beards white, tipped tangerine. Live Jaz X SDB 16-87: (Peach Bavarian x Peach Eyes). Cape Iris 1994

Crayola Pink is in PlantFiles here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/122759/

This message was edited Apr 24, 2008 2:12 PM

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

HONEY MIST

(B. Warburton, R. 1982) Sdlg. 3Z-1. SDB, 14" (38 cm), E-M
S. smoky lavender, plicata edging; F. lavender, matching S. color in center, tan green plicata markings on hafts, violet dottings around edge; blended brown lavender beard; slight sweet fragrance. 16X-24: (Jennie Grace x 28U-1: (8S-6, inv. luminata/plicata lines, x Open Sky sib)) X Soft Air. Warburton 1983

Durham, ME(Zone 3a)

Thanks very much! I can't believe it, I went outside to look at my irises and Turkish Topaz, Blue Doll, Aurora Sea and Snow Tree are budding up. It is two weeks earlier than they should be. Must be that week of seventy and eighty degree weather we do not usually get this time of year.

Will be pestering you Laurie for more MDB's.

Grin.
Julianna

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

That's assuming I ever SEE my MDBs again after tonight. We're supposed to have 11-15" of SNOW dumped on us by this time tomorrow. This'll be the third big snow storm in the last few weeks. The last snow just melted off a few days ago, and here we go again! AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I've only managed to clean up two of my iris beds so far and haven't even made it back to the biggest bed yet. Of course that's where most of my MDBs reside. I have no idea what the irises are going to look like after this is all over. According to recent years' records, I should be seeing my first iris bloom in about two weeks. Yeah, right!!! At this rate, I'll be lucky if I see bare ground in two weeks!

Laurie

Durham, ME(Zone 3a)

Poor Laurie!

I understand but things might not be so bleak. Last week I had a huge snowbank on my garden. We then had hot weather so the thing finally melted by Tuesday and crocus bloomed Wed, then each day there was something new, daffodils, chinodoxa and the doronicum and tulips are now about to open up. Talk about fast! Normally they take weeks not days to shoot up and bloom. Three days of seventies, one eighty and now we are back to sixties but it was enough to change my garden that much.

Hopefully you see a change in weather soon too. We got the Sequoyah Wood burner installed and the new oil tank on Tuesday and Wednesday, had a 25th Anniversary party to take photos for on the 19th, the photos came out well but the party required grandparents in our camper a day after the burner and oil tank were dealt with. That was fine but they went home on the 20th and a death in the family happened that very day so they came back again for the funeral.

They just left today so now we need to fill in the big hole to our cellar entrance before someone falls in. Had to widen the entrance to get the old tank out, even so they had to cut the thing in half. These men did a great job not wrecking my irises.

I will have persons from Maine Iris Society viewing the gardens this year so we best get cement and cement blocks fast to fix the cellar and to replace the dirt. This hole is right in front of my iris garden of course so if someone took a step backwards they would fall into the hole. Mother almost did.

These things happened all in one week so my head is still spinning. Mother in Law has a birthday this weekend and soon so will I and that means sharing it with Mom. I was born on Mother's Day though my BD is not on it this year.

Sorry if I haven't been answering other threads until now.

South Hamilton, MA

Just I. pumila and one MDB seedling in bloom here. It is suddenly back into the 50s and rain coming I hope, we are dry. Weeding as fast as we can.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

My sympathies, Laurie!

We are dry, dry, dry, too. We've had a heat wave, here, it was 93 one day. At least our 118 inches of snow is gone..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.