I need some inspiration...

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

.....or a swift kick you know where.

I'm trying to reduce the clutter and it is driving me up the wall. I have boxes for charity, trash and things I have determined the kids want but there are still leftovers. In going through some really old boxes (so you KNOW I don't need this stuff) I came across things like college and fraternity mugs with DH's name imprinted on them. We don't like having our names tossed all over the community so into the trash they will go - if I can bear it.

And, how about high school and college yearbooks? Why in the world have I kept those for so long; we haven't opened them in 40 years. Tell me to toss them please......

Does anyone remember letter sweaters in HS? Got them too, what was I thinking?

My boys (now 35 & 41) won hundreds of ribbons on swim teams when they were young. They don't want them so they too should go.

The very hardest for me are plaques awarded to DH. He was in public service for his entire career and you didn't get bonuses you got commendations. Those in frames I have removed and put them in an album but we have many large and fancy walnut and brass ones, even silver trays. They were awarded by folks who appreciated his time and attention and I hate to just toss them but the kids say they don't want this stuff either.

Help, tell me to stick with my instincts and toss, toss, toss.

This thread has 24 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!