The Horticulturalist Helper's Anonymous (HHA) Creed

Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

(Reprinted from the General Discussion forum with permission from marieortiz...thanks Marie! :) )

I just had to share this...just about peed my pants reading it.

1. I WANT IT.
2. I WANT IT ALL.
3. I WANT IT NOW.
4. IF IT WILL NOT GROW IN MY ZONE OR IS PROHIBITIVELY EXPENSIVE, I WANT IT MOST OF ALL.
5. I AM PERFECTLY WILLING TO FOREGO ANY NECESSITIES OF LIFE, SUCH AS FOOD FOR MY CHILDREN, IN ORDER TO HAVE IT.
6. I RECOGNIZE MY HORTICULTURAL DEPENDANCY.
7. I RECOGNIZE YOUR HORTICULTURAL DEPENDANCY.
8. I WILL WILLINGLY AID AND ABET YOUR DEPENDANCY, AS YOU WILL MINE.
9. THIS MAKES US INFINITELY HAPPY.
10. ANY MONEY NOT SPENT BY WAY OF COMPARISON-SHOPPING EQUALS ‘FOUND’ MONEY AND THEREFORE IS NOT COUNTED AS SPENDING.
11. MORE IS MORE!
12. REGARDLESS OF MY PREVIOUS DESIRE FOR, PLANNING FOR, OR NEED OF, ANY PLANT, IF ANY OTHERS HAVE IT, I MUST HAVE ONE, TOO.
13. IF I HAVE PLANTED MOST PLANTS I HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED, I MUST IMMEDIATELY PURCHASE ADDITIONAL PLANTS.
14. WE BELIEVE IN OWNING ALL PLANTS, IN SOWING ALL SEEDS, AND OWNING ALL BOOKS AND CATALOGS.
15. AT THIS POINT IT IS CUSTOMARY TO RECITE ONE’S MAIN CREDIT CARD FROM MEMORY ONLY, PLEASE.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

so true!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

MAIN CREDIT CARD FROM MEMORY ONLY, PLEASE
Oh yes...know mine by heart.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Including the security code!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

yup

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

LOL Oh yes how true, how true. I do believe the number of plants I order is directly in proportion to how early and how much snow descends on us each winter. A few little clicks and it's all over....wonderful.

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

I need to have this printed in poster size, and framed so the others in my house know the deal. Or maybe I don't! I read it to my husband after cracking up, and prefaced it with, "This will mean more to me than to you", and when I got to #s 12, 13, 14and 15, I was hysterical. Poor Fred. Then when I read debilu's comment about the security code I raised my hand. My credit card was recently replaced due to a retailers security breach, and I had to memorized some new numbers. Good to go!

Now repeat along with me, " 1) I WANT IT.'".........

I don't agree with one line for some reason.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Which line, Sherrie?

I think I'll make it a poster, too. What a hoot!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That's just great!!

I AM PERFECTLY WILLING TO FOREGO ANY NECESSITIES OF LIFE, SUCH AS FOOD FOR MY CHILDREN, IN ORDER TO HAVE IT.

I would not take food from anyone or anything in order to have it. I would scrimp, save any penny and go without stuff for myself first. I would get it in time but not neglecting anyone or anything other than myself..........

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Just grow the food - right near the ridiculously expensive flower you just have to have!

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Oh Victor! What a great solution! I'm all for it. Maybe something in parentheses to that particular line.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

See - I can always count on you folks for the answers!!!

#10 & 13 resonate strongly with me...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.