It's "SHOWTIME"...

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I am SOOOOO luvin' this time of the year..so much is blooming and emerging!!..First a fav...ain't they all..Clematis "Fairydust"..you'd love to have this sport of Clematis "Venosa Violacea" growing in your gardens...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

For those of you that don't remember my new bed and me incorporating my Trellis Bench from J&P..I planted two climbing roses "Eden" and "Red Eden" on opposite sides and Clematis "Hudine" with "Red Eden" and Clematis "Mme. Julia Correvon" with "Eden"..here's the update on it for year 2...loaded full of rose buds and both clematis are just now starting to open..so more to follow as they all start to open...

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I couldn't count all the buds on either clematis...so many waiting to open..here is "Huldine"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

One of the most vigorous blooming Pruning group 3's out there..close up of clematis "Huldine"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I created these beds 3 years ago and planted clematis "Solina" on the left one and Clematis "Etoile Violette" on the right one

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Last fall I planted clematis "Lady Diana" with this one..she is just starting to vine up..here's a closeup of clematis "Solina"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I planted clematis "Ashva" with this one..and she is just starting to vine up as well..Close up of Clematis "Etoile Violette"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Lovingly naming this bed my "Purple Martin Flowerbed" because obviously I have those beauties in there singing their little hearts out...This flowerbed is flanked with Daylilies and has two DA rosa "Sharifa Asma" and two rosa "Distant Drum" with Climbing rosa "DublinBay" companioned with clematis "Tie-Dye" and clematis on Obelisks "Volucea" and "Galore"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Upclose of Clematis "Galore"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Voluceau"..take notice that two "Cleomes" are growing there..those were taken there by my sweet birdies as the ones I have grown in the past years are wayyyy away from this bed..those naughty birdies love to improvise on my designs..oh well..I don't mind!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I have a question mark on this one because SOME ONE took my plant marker but I am thinking I planted it here!!..Waiting for more bloom to be sure..but it's purty anyway!!Correction it's Clematis "Climador"..I found the tag!!

This message was edited Apr 22, 2008 11:26 AM

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

First bloom on Clematis "Victoria"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Dewey, AZ(Zone 8a)

Very pretty! You are definitely the Clem Guru!

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Every one of them is beautiful, but really like the Climador. And those plant poles by your sidewalk are awesome!

(Zone 4a)

Just gorgeous!!! I always look forward to your beautiful clematises!!!! Impressive!!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Beautiful Jeanne. You're garden is going to continue to be more wonderful as these beauties continue to mature. Clematis are such a good investment in the future.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Jeanne: Your gardens continue to amaze and WOW me!

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Jeanne, as always yours are true beauties.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks yall...Guess who had his first bloom!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

And "Julia" is just starting to open..will share pics when she is in all her glory!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

She truly is a vigorous little lady!@!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.