Rabbits eating everything!

(Zone 8b)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop those cute little perishers devouring my plants? I had a row of lettuce up yesterday - it was gone this morning.
I just got in from erecting a wire mesh fence along the back, and have laid 9" of the wire under turf to try and stop them digging under it. The trouble is they come in from under the shed, there is a huge warren there, and from the front which I can't close off with wire.
I tried the Lion Poo stuff which slowed them down a bit, but they seem to be getting used to it, and I can't let the dog loose at the front - he'd get squashed on the road. Also a dog in the veg garden would be counter-productive!
Any suggestions would be welcome. I'm turning into a bunny hater!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

How about hot pepper wax? I'm not sure if they sell that in the UK or not, but I imagine they have something similar. Or you could just try sprinkling cayenne pepper on the things you don't want them to eat, but you'll need to reapply that more frequently.

(Zone 8b)

Thanks Ecrane 3 - I'll investigate. THere is an awful lot of stuff I don't want them to eat - they seem to eat everything even Euphorbia which is supposed to be rabbit proof!

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

They just loooove pansies, too! Anybody know of any homemade concoction that would work? None of the bunny or deer repellants I've tried worked.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.