Can anybody name this plant.................................

North Ipswich, Qld, Australia

Hi Guys,

Pic # 2

Debi

P.S. Guys this thread is CLOSED as the plant died. I do want to thank everyone who helped me out. :-(

This message was edited Jun 15, 2008 6:56 PM

This message was edited Jun 15, 2008 6:59 PM

Thumbnail by Degarotty
Robertstown, Australia(Zone 10a)

That's a weirdy Debi,
It kind of reminds me of a very sparse Astelia, but I've never seen one of those with such dark leaves - they are more usually pale green to silver colours. Has it grown much in the last month? See if kennedyh can take a look at it - it might be a native monocot of some sort.

Ciao, KK.

Hi KK,

Unfotuately it has died.

I do not know how to close down some posts as sometimes there is not a "close".

Debi

Robertstown, Australia(Zone 10a)

When there is no close thread button. I go back to my first post and Edit it to Say CLOSED it the first line of the Post. See here for an example http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/818066/ That way if there is a long thread people don' have to go all the way to the bottom to find out the answer.

TTFN, KK.

Gisborne, New Zealand

It looked like a green mondo grass to me Debi , sorry it has died but if you know the name and like it enough you can always replace it
Lesley.

Perth, Australia

that looked like a rare species of albuca! wow! I'm so sorry it died. if you ever come across another one like that, give it a lot of shade, they like the light but they dont like direct sunlight. and they are gobbleguts, they need regular fertilising, like slow-release applied once every season. they grow all year like the gasteria and aloes and agaves.

here's a link to give you an idea of their beauty and why I want them! http://www.bulbsociety.org/GALLERY_OF_THE_WORLDS_BULBS/GRAPHICS/Albuca/Albucalist.shtml

Jensilaedi,

Well, you were right in that I had it in a place for sun......what a bummer!

We live and learn through our wonderful friends.

They are very pretty, I will be trying to find another one, real soon.

Thank You.............

Debi
Zone 10B

Thumbnail by Degarotty
Perth, Australia

I love that plant that's beautiful... is it some kind of euphorbia? I sort of can see that label but I cant see the rest...
ta Jen

Hello Jensilaedi,

It is one of my Favorite and yes it is a : EUPHOPBIA aeruginosa.

I hope I got the correct spelling. I have found (touch wood) it is not affected by much, as in bugs.

Glad you enjoyed it!

A Friend,
Debi

Thumbnail by Degarotty
Perth, Australia

Thank you very much... I've heard of that name but never actually id'ed it with a picture.... much appreciated!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.