Daffodils! Don't you love them?!

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

My Daffs are blooming! How about yours?
This is a bouquet of my so called "pink" Daffodils.
They look peach to me.
Does anybody grow any true pink Daffs?
Post your Daffodil pics.

Thumbnail by Cottage_Rose

More cheerfulness

Delightful duo

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Here are mine. Plain old yellow ones. King Alfred I think.

Thumbnail by Loon
Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Im buying some pinks from bloomingbulbs. Pink Charm, Saloame and Passionale.

Love the pinks and solid whites!!!

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Thank you for starting this thread!
I planted daffodils around the base of a birch tree several years ago, and for the past few years they haven't put on flowers.
Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thumbnail by gentle_mary
Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

how deep did you plant them?

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Are they crowed?? May they need to be seperated.... Maybe did you mow them over before the green was died back??? Thats what I did before I knew anything about the storing of energy...Just some suggestions... I had a clump do that also. This year they do have a few flowers and they are no where that I mow at all... Sometimes its just a fluk? Ronna

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I have daffs around my birch and the grow very well they get good morning light and a little early afternoon
Gloria

National City, MI(Zone 5a)

Yes I do love daffodills, mine bloomed and then just fell over so had to cut them and bring them in house

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I hate that I have some that are doubels and very full and every year I say I'm going to fix something and every year I DON'T I still love them
Gloria

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Well, some seem crowded. Is it possible to seperate them at this time of year, or would it be better to do it another time. If so, when is the best time to seperate daffodils?
Thanks for the help.

Thumbnail by gentle_mary
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

id say in the fall!!! let the greens die back!

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Thank you, notmartha. I was so tempted to go out with my spade this morning. I was also thinking maybe I would raise them up a little, so they might bloom this year after all.
I'll be patient with the daffodils, but I can move my lilly-of-the-valley and hosta now, right? (They are crowded, and aren't up too far yet.)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

yes

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Here are a few of mine....

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

And some more.... Now I have a question. Has any one ever gone and dug up daffys that are growing in the middle of nowhere???? They are the most beautiful bright yellow one I think the are repletes? Dont know but I would love to have them in my yard!!! Would it be wrong to do that??? Just wondering what others thought???? Back in some woods kinda by us. Ronna

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

you should always have a shovel in your trunk!!!! :)
I saw a bunch in the ditch the other day!
GO FOR IT!!!!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

have shovel will travel LOL
Gloria

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I think I will!!!!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Okay here is my free daffys!!!! I had a full bucket and had to leave some there is a huge storm coming... I wanted to get them in the ground asap!! I can hear the thunder coming from a distance.... Only I would be out there planting in the middle of a storm!!! Well hasnt started raing yet. But soon I hope. Im so excited about the daffys... Really fun getting something for FREE. I think I got about 75-100 bulbs. Im smiling Ronna

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Ronna good for you !!! I think we are going to have a storm here also the dogs are howling and B.J. is getting antsie It rained all day here so I have great big puddels have a good night
Gloria

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Wow you got rain all day??? It hasnt rained here in about 12 days or so.... Cant wait for the rain. We are really dry. Thanks Im excited about the free bulbs.... Even had fun planting them . Good night Ronna

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh Vickie ...You said "I have the plain yellow " daffs!! I looked closley at your picture and I SAW
The Most Beautiful Pink daffodil with "ruffles" sitting right in the middle of those yellow daffs.!!
Where did you get that ONE from????
Jaz ^_^

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Another great place to get daffodils is Buggy Crazy. She has all sorts of great Daffs and ships earlier than most, giving you a head start with planting. Bought a ton of different ones last summer and have the pretties blooming right now. What a great way to announce spring.
http://buggycrazy.vstore.ca/index.php/cName/summer-catalog-sold-maywinter-daffodils

Edited to add that they look sold out now but it looks like May or June they should be up again for ordering. It is her way of "turning the catalog off" but letting you view what will be available during ordering time ^_^

This message was edited Apr 26, 2008 8:30 AM

Hey Julie, put your glasses on... that is Loon's pic. ;o)

Mag thanks for that link.
I've heard others mention that vendor.
Will check them out.

HEY! How soon after blooming can I transplant my Daffs?
If I wait til fall I always forget.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Not sure but i think your to wait till the green foliage dies back

snort-glasses on!!! snort

Ive bought from bugcrazy-great bulbs, i posted pics once with them-got some the size of a softball!!!!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Buggy Crazy ships her daffs in July, and based on how well they did for me, I would think july or August would be fine.

You're quite welcome Cottage Rose. I always want to share my most best-est ever vendor favorites.

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

OK Vickie ...I guess I had You on my brain!
She (flower that she is) is a Loon relation! So sorry Loon to give credit for a little beauty like that to Cottage!!
How silly of me!!
Hey I checked Bugcrazy ..Some NICE bulbs if somewhat PRICEY. I guess I am just to used gettin' the CO-OP prices! She does have some I may have to look at when she is up and running!!
Thanks for the site. Always interested in purveyors of beautiful flowering "stuff".
Julie

Julie do I need to give you a cyber-spanking?!
Nice yakking with you last night. ;o)
Don't forget to email me that info.
Thanks!

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

YES VICKIE!!!
i am finally home! I had a funeral in Battle Creek yesterday!! It is a 6 hr. drive in one day plus the time
at the Wake/funeral. i was gone from morning til 10pm last night. Lots to catch up on. I will email
info. I sent you some links. Did you get them, Vickie??
Julie

Yup I got em!
Thanks...just been BUZY as usual. ;o)
I will look into all that stuff.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

My daffys are almost all done boo hoo!!! The frost sure didnt help any either it got down to 28 here on tuesday night. The clematis is good though!!! So glad. Was worried. One of the bleeding hearts is kinda bent some. But looks like it will still blossom? Not to sure.... Ronna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.