CLOSED: Tons of beautiful cigar boxes.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

Hey. I've sold some of these on ebay, but would really rather have plants than the $. I have probably about 50, very few are the same. I've run out of ideas to use them for, but they are too nice to just throw away, that would be a crime! Maybe someone can use them. I would love that. Sometimes I just pull them out and look through them. The diversity is cool. But that is a waste and I'm really tired of them just sitting around.

Look through my "want" list (long), or just make me a d-mail offer.

Here is a photo of a few of them.

Thumbnail by 3gardeners
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

What about a couple Inky Fingers???

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Would you be interested in a nice pineneedle basket for a few nice cigar boxes. I really like the dark wood ones and did I see one with a sliding lid? Let me know and maybe we can work a trade. What kind of prices go on the boxes. I used to buy them in Tombstone when we lived there for 5 bucks apiece. Let me know.
Jan

This message was edited Apr 27, 2008 2:34 PM

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

$5 is what I paid for them a couple of years ago and what I sold them on ebay for. But there, people also have to pay shipping, which I also did when I ordered them. But, I also got them from cigar stores for $5. Needless to say, that was the better way to acquire them. Ha Ha. I'm sure the cigar stores use to throw them away, but when the trend picked up, they wised up!
Thanks for the offer of the beautiful baskets, but I'm trying to pair down all my stuff. The only expanding I'm doing is in the yard (and the behind ^_^)!
Fairy1004 - thanks for the offer, but I've traded for so many coleus cuttings, and bought the plants here in Altanta for $1 each, that I am now overrun with them! (But I'm glad I am. ^_^)

Pangburn, AR(Zone 7b)

OH WOW! This could be fun!!!
I have tons of plants, seeds, and well rooted shrubs for trade. I have only been collecting cigar boxes a very short time(I have 4). There are a few in your photo I would love! The nice square on on the bottom right(I have the one just up and to the right of that one), the light colored wood one, in the center, with the sailing ship on the lid, the dark wood one on the right, third up from bottem, and any sliding lid box.
Now to tempt you, hehehe:
Rose of Sharon-white with dark pink center
Climbing Red Rose-large rooted plant
Forsythia-well rooted plants and tons of them!
Whisteria-well rooted plants and tons of them!
Honeysuckle
Orange Trumpet Vine
Yellow Cannas-lots of them
Hardy 4 o'clock seeds
Lily seeds
Rose of Sharon-deep pink color
Christmas/Easter Cactus-pink
Christmas/Easter Cactus-red
African Violet-purple and white
Liriope
Hostas-several different kinds
Hollyhock seeds
Giant Reed Grass-grows up to 15' or more-hardy
Well, do I have anything you would be interested in? Oh, I also make fudge. Lots of it. Everyone around here calls me The Fudge Lady. Let me know.
Cathy

Thumbnail by catspower
Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

Hey. I'm in Chattanooga throught the weekend, but I'll get with you when I return. Some of these boxes are already gone, but I've needed to re-photo them for over a month now, so I'll get to that when I return.
I've mostly stopped trading plants right now, but I might consider some mints or lemon verbena or daylilies, agastache...maybe some other drought tollerant things. Hopefully I have something you like.

Talk to you soon

Pangburn, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh please say you have some cigar boxes left??
Cathy

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

Hey. I have lots left, but I'm not trading any more. With the drought here in GA, everything is dying and I'm just too tuckered out to garden right now. I am selling them on ebay if you are really interested though.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.