Wanted seeds of common Northeastern or Canadian natives

Maastricht, Netherlands(Zone 8a)

Since my visits a few years ago to Canada (British Columbia) the Northeast of the USA and to the States Washington and Oregon I became very interested in American (or Canadian) native plants. It's not so difficult to get seeds from commercial suppliers of showy often perennial plants but seeds of common annuals or less showy perennials are much more difficult to obtain. And when I say common I mean plants like Erigeron philadelphicus, Lactuca canadensis, Senecio glabellus, Laportea canadensis and so on.

Does anyone here have these or other common (even weedy) plants ? I could send you some seed in retur or perhaps even pay for them. Please email me and we'll see.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 4a)

I have several wildflowers growing in my garden, but an astonishing number of these are imports, brought over by early colonists.

However, I do have an Erigeron (not philadelphicus, but I don't know which species it is precisely - white flowers), a woodland aster, similar to Aster cordifolius but with lilac-coloured flowers. Lactuca grows all over the place here, so I could probably find some. I haven't been collecting the seeds, but I could check into it. I also have a charming white-flowered one that is a common meadow flower here that I haven't succeeded in identifying. Let me know if you are interested.

Eagle Point, OR

You can check some Oregon native seed at my trade list.

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

I have desdemodium canadense, anemone cylindrica, amorpha canasens, oenisthera biennis, parthenium integrifolium, erygium yuccafolium and a very little dalea purpurea. Let me know if interested. Doris

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.