A magical tip I just learned

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

While sitting around 'talking story' the other day, one of the other MGs started talking about how difficult some beds are to keep clean of weeds, because you pull them out and pull up the good plants. Well.....

....another chimed in and gave this great tip: Put on good rubber or vinyl gloves. Over those gloves put on cotton gloves. Mix your herbicide (yes...I use it), dip the cotton gloved fingers into it and touch the leaves of the weed. The weed dies at the roots, leaving the good stuff to live!

YAY.

Happy Weeding.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Got to buy myself some gloves...thanks for the timely tip, Carol, it just rained here again - you know what that means - weeds everywhere in a day or two!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Thank you so much for the tip.
~Jaye

Chichester, NH(Zone 5b)

great tip...thanks for sharing. My weeds haven't gotten too out of control yet, but I'm sure when the rainy season hits they will.

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks so much for this tip. That will make things alot easier for me. Tina

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Once again, I am awed by the generosity of your beneficence Oh Goddess of the Good Earth! What a simple - yet unthought of idea! Thanks for sharing!

Just bought a bunch of brushes at the Art Guild sale...I use the big fluffy ones for laying down powdered stuff on my plants, and I use the smaller ones to "paint" alcohol or whatever on scale or other little nasties that are "buggin" my beauties. Sooooo much easier than q-tips and such like. And the brushes keep it off the leaves.

Thanks for starting a "tip" thread Carol!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Great tip Carol!

Happy Birthday Braveheartsmom.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Wow, Jen...you made it to 40!!!!!

Happy Birthday!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.