ya gotta sopote ?

Dahlonega, GA

anyone have one? are they worth having? self pollinating?

Lakeland, FL(Zone 10a)

Which one? There are many

Dahlonega, GA

all i know about this one ,it's a white.no other description

mulege, Mexico

We have white ones here. I'm not impressed with them. They grew where I used to live but I didn't bother to pick them. Just my opinion.

katiebear

Dahlonega, GA

which ones did you like ? i know nothing about them at all ,if i could get a recomendation on one then i can start looking. also, does it make a nice landscape tree or shurb

mulege, Mexico

I only had the white so it's the only one I've tried. I've heard that some of the others taste better but I haven't ever tried ony of them. Most of what I've read about those that are supposed to taste good has been at sites that are selling seeds.

kb

Lakeland, FL(Zone 10a)

If you have a good white sapote, they are excellent. Pretty tree too.

Dahlonega, GA

oh well, i will be transfering it to south texas , can always use it for landscape.if i don't like the taste, can x it . i have a friend that loves star fruit , i tried it and wouldn't ever want another, just nothing flavor

Lakeland, FL(Zone 10a)

If you had a star fruit from a supermarket, don't cross it off the list yet. I agree, those are aweful. However, those that are ripened on a tree are great.

Dahlonega, GA

well,i've got one of those coming also,and yes, it was from a store .also papaya,lemon guava,cherimoya .can you tell me anything about them?

Lakeland, FL(Zone 10a)

Papaya is probably the easiest to grow is your area. Trees grow fast and some even have grown as annuals. The drawf varieties produce fruit that is very good when the trees are quite small. Trees are very tropical looking & palm-like but do not like frost. Starfruit & guava are also very pretty trees.

Dahlonega, GA

all the tropicals will be transported to the texas coast about 30 mi north of corpus christi.i never saw these for sale down there without a hugh price on them.but of course,they were a little larger,then at those prices,couldn't have but one.this way ,more,but smaller.with you guys help,i'm learning.thanks a lot >>> sally

Dahlonega, GA

got most of my plants and i tell you,they were all beautiful.i can't wait to get them in gal pots ,watch them grow. isn't all this fun?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.