Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Have a good one Mike

Thumbnail by phicks
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

..and many more!

unknown arum

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

So you both take time to tease me with cool plants! lol Cheers!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL

I think ill come round and sow seeds of this all over your gardens! That'll teach you both..heheh
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/158891/
It lives up to its name! Just ask anyone that comes round and falls for the "just pass me that plant" question.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

you'd always be welcome here, but there's enough pokeweed, kudzu and honeysuckle to choke most things out quickly here
It's kind of cute, but which is the dangerous part? in the pictures you're handling it...

Kissimmee, FL(Zone 9b)

Happy belated birthday, didn't notice before because I am busy packing to come over on 22nd. I have a brother in Boston (Lincs) but I doubt I will have time to go there.

Kissimmee, FL(Zone 9b)

I forgot to mention the weeds here grow 3 times as fast and 6 times as high as they did in UK, so I would suggest you keep them and perhaps we can send you some of ours!!

I'm still waiting for someone to send me some poison ivy..fancy playing with that weed! lol
The blumenbachia is more shocking when you first touch it..doesn't seem to bother me too much now i know about it.
Boston! Whats the poor guy doing there? Its the flatest place on the planet!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Boston Harbor Is Nice To Mike it Has a Lot Of English Tea In It LOL

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

you want poison ivy? lol...you must have never gotten into it before. it's all over the place here, it's about time for the seedlings to sprout up, too

that's one of the only things I'm allergic to, but if you wash whatever it touched pretty quickly (or if jewelweed happens to be nearby) it doesn't cause you to break out

Now we don't have exciting weeds like Poison ivy!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

hmmm.....constant itching, calamine lotion and oatmeal baths...I suppose it can be interesting...lol. I think the weird thing about it is that you can get it by indirect contact. Around here it's so easy to touch by accident becasue it looks similar to boston creeper which is also everywhere.

I'm starting to itch just thinking about it....

Hmm a friend of mine had to do that treatment recently... think that was some thing else though. heheh

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

...interesting..I guess...lol

so what's the plan with the poison ivy?

Kissimmee, FL(Zone 9b)

Phicks enough remarks about the Boston Tea Party - for one you lot missed out on learning to play cricket - we taught all our "Colonies" and number two - look what you got here instead. You would have done better to stick to the Brits - we know how to stay true to our friends!

Mike Freck - Boston ain't flat Florida is! we are flat all up and down the state, not a hill in sight well apart from the anthills, and we would be happy to send all our fire ants to you.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

well we stuck with you tho 2 world wars

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

hey, since we're crossing over into the cold war on Mike's birthday thread.....lol....just kidding...

did you get any cool presents, Mike?

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

i think his wife gave him a black eye LOL

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

That would be great to send poison ivy and have customs rip it open to do an inspection, LOL.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Or Dendrocnide moroides?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

3 weeks, ouch....cool looking tree, though

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

Stinging nettle is more fun than poison oak IMO.

There is no way i'm getting dragged into the " where were you guys?" argument about the world war.

i could give you a sexist joke instead....
What do you call a woman with two black eyes?
A woman that needs telling twice!

I know its not funny but it went with Phicks comment above.

I don't get why we don't have poison ivy... or do we and its known as something else?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

here's a good picture becuse it shows the red spot in the center of the leaves. it's a climber but it also can grow very dense in forests and get 2-3 feet tall...not climbing the leaves get really big
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/175410/

I just found out today that campsis can be itchy..

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Mike,

I can collect some Toxicodendron seeds for you this summer. Birds love them, so it will be a race.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener

Hey sounds like fun Dale cheers.
Think we should take bets on who i kill first with them!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.