Let's hear it for Alamandas

Redcliffe, Australia

I've fallen in love with Alamandas. Apart from the normal yellow which is a strong vibrant grower which never seems to be without flowers, I have dark red, scarlet,very deep pink (almost purple),salmon and pale salmon.

The deep pink was planted as a 12" plant six months ago and is now has 6 foot branches with a profusion of flowers. The dark red and the pink are not growing as vigorously but still have beautiful flowers.

I never seem to here much of them. Is it because they are just too easy to grow?

Kelvyn

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Where is redcliffe, Kelvyn? Is it Qld? Allamandas only do well in the tropics, but here in Coffs, they are quite widely grown. I have the yellow and Pink varieties, and love them!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

Yes I was going to say it must be fairly warm where you are because they turn their little tootsies up as soon as we get frost even though I have tried them in very sheltered situations ...they are pretty things.
chrissy

Townsville, Australia(Zone 10a)

Redcliffe is just across that big bridge in Brisbane, my son was born in Redcliffe.

I cant say I have the room for allamandas here, though they are bountiful around the town.They are pretty but I am not a fan of the yellow one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.