Mexican Flame Vine

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Started from cutings in Nov

Thumbnail by phicks
Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Phicks, it is very pretty, I specially love the color! How soon after planting it did it start blooming? Clemen

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

How big were the cuttings?

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

I wonder if they would survive our winter up here in North Florida (8)

Dee

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Paul, it's gorgeous - we all want one!!!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

The Cuttings was about 12 inches long they root very easy . it started blooming in Jan. i belive ive seen this vine in north FL Paul

Paul, just gorgeous, I guess I could not grow this one Long Island, zone 7? How sad! Can I trade homes with you LOL. CLemen

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

My DIL's neighbor has both the orange and the yellow - massive plants growing in full sun, on a fence next to a vacant lot. She is in zone 8b (Panama City Beach, FLA.).

Kay, that is warmer than my zone! Clem

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i want one too. my newly arrived hummies would love it

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Dee , I have this vine growing on a fence for about 8 years now. When the winter is really cold I get dieback, but it comes right back in the spring. I am just down the road from you.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

theres a red one to

You are making jeaoulos! LOL, Clem

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

red one

Thumbnail by azreno

beautiful red!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Nice Flower

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

rylaff, thanks I am going to have to try them then. Your are only about 70 miles or so going right across 20. Maybe we can meet sometime.

Dee

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

We have to do that!!! Maybe we can go nursery hopping!!!

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Boy, nursery hopping in Fl, that has to be a great thing to do...

Lynn.....wiping up the drool.....

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Oh boy, I would love to do that. Maybe you know some nurseries that I don't know about. We don't have but a couple over this way.

Lynn - you won't find that many nurseries up here in the panhandle, now down central and south FL,
that is to drool for!!!

Dee

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever out that way....shop down south :o) thanks! If I lived there I would be making special trips down south just for that. We do that here with Tucson.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.