Diet is a 'four-letter' word!

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

None of us like to say 'I need to go on a 'diet', but 60% of people DO need a calorie-restriction food program! I have chosen to change my eating habits to eliminate snacking and eating foods with a low carbohydrate value until I lose 20 pounds. I know, from lots of experience and research, that there is no one food plan that is better than another - you have to restrict calories to lose weight. If one would just eat healthy foods, one would lose weight!

BE SURE to CHECK WITH YOUR doctor before beginning ANY changes in your food consumption. The low-carb plan puts ones' body into a state of ketosis, which MAY effect your kidneys and other physiological processes, so DO NOT go on a diet of ANY KIND until you have discussed it with your doctor!!!!!

Our own Herbie lost over 100 pounds in a year or so - don't recall the plan he used, but it worked for him. Consult your doctor, do your own research and see if one plan is better for you - it's really just a matter of counting calories, but there are SO MANY ways to do it.

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!