HELP">

Son's laptop "Caught" something ==> HELP

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

this morning he was like... Umm Mom... somethings wrong with my laptop.... when i got home last night, there were about 18 windows open..... blah blah blah.... again i lecture about downloading stuff.

where he replied it was something for iTunes.

OK... so i've been at this since about 9 this morning.

When i turned on the computer, the center of the desktop had a huge message stating there are spyware that needs to be removed and to click HERE. Did a bit of research and found a tool to remove it

SmitFraudFix ... and that did get rid of some of it, but I am still having pop-ups.

I've run every program i have [Nortons, AdAware, Spyware Blaster, Bazooga Scanner even HouseCall] nothing has found it... though HouseCall found 2 others that it deleted.

Most of the problems i was having are gone, but i still get a pop-up or two that takes you to a semi-sexual site. [not hard core thank heavens.]

Next time one comes up, i'll see if there is anything may give me a clue as to what is causing this.

OH yea... i did hijackthis... and it created a log, but i can't find anything a miss in there.

I'm about ready to d/l every program i can off of download.com and try each of them... already did 2, and still nothing.

when I get more info.. i'll post back. I have a bit more on my PC but DH is on it now....

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!