Here We Go Again!

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Is any one else worried about their garden? Seems the cold blast is returning at about the same time it killed everything in the garden last year. Here in the Mountain we have a snow advisory for today and tonight with freeze warnings for tomorrow night.
With everything in bud and comming up it just sickens me to think 2 years in a row my garden will be hit hard.

Last year we lost our 2 large weeping Japanese maples and several other things.

Keeping my fingers crossed it will not be as bad this year.

Gary

Seabrook, SC(Zone 8b)

So far, it's not predicted to be as bad this far south as it was last year. We had three nights in the mid 20s last year which just confused everything. This year we're only supposed to get into the mid 30s, so (hope, hope) we might get a frost, but hopefully not a freeze.

Jenny

Clemmons, NC

In my area, it doesn't look deadly, although one weather reporting station says a low of 39 Monday night and another says a low of 33. It is hard to know what to believe!

Last year was very bad! We had leaves on the trees and they were all killed, so it looked like an early fall with dead leaves falling off the trees in April.

I am sure it will kill the Azalea blooms and I am not sure how the Dogwoods will fare (they were frozen last year).

I set out a few tomato, cucumber, and squash plants (I try to plant by the moon phases). I will cover them up and hope for the best.

Good luck to all who are facing this threat!

Pat

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Well we did have some snow showers but luckily temps were'nt as cold as predicted. We do have a chance for patchy frost tonight so still one more night to go and then things are looking up.

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Well we have had frost here on the coast 2 days in a row. I hope my blueberrys are far enough along they will supply me with at least a few.

Lavina

I think Al said its global warming. Ha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.