Shirley..I have a ?

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey girl..I supposedly planted Clematis "Violet Charm" last year and have my plant marker there...it started blooming today but when I looked at your Pic on Plantfiles..I thought mine looked different..what's your opinion?..Mine does get a lot of sun...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Orange County, NY(Zone 5b)

I am by no means a Shirley, but this reminds me very much of Fair Rosamond. Not exactly, though, but I just planted it last year allowing for only a couple of blooms. With that coupled with our difference in our growing conditions though, I couldn't really say if they really are similar. Regardless of the name, I am positive that it is yet another beauty in your gardens!!!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Jeanne: Is this the first season that "Violet Charm" is blooming for you? It could be an immature flower. Here is a picture of her at C.O.T.W. (the experts). http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=553

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the link Shirley..I had checked with both Plantfiles and COTW when she bloomed...She bloomed last year and I can't remember if she was darker or not..LOL..there goes the mind eh?...She is already about 4 foot tall and those were her first blooms and they all look alike..will keep my eye on her...she was a wally world (Roseville)clematis...thanks hon...Jeanne

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Shirley..I went out and took a pic of the tag alongside my clematis..I will try and post a pic when a new bloom comes out..that might be a better ...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX

Well, we all know what happens at big box stores. Plants get mislabeled, labels can get put into the wrong pots, etc, etc. I would definitely watch this Clematis carefully because even the plant tag looks misleading to me. Maybe it's my computer screen, but "Violet Charm" is suppose to have violet-blue tepals.

Scroll through the various pictures of "Violet Charm" toward the bottom of the page. There is a lighter colored version of this vine. However, it could just be a very immature flower. Perhaps with time and age it will get darker.

http://www.clematis.com/html-docs/varieties/Violet%20Charm/violet_charm.html

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Shirl..I'll take a pic when a new one blooms and maybe you can help me figure out what the heck I planted..LOL..Hugzzzzz...Jeanne

Hey, I've got a "mystery" Clematis that I'll need you're help on identifying too! :~)

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I hope between the two of us we can figure out our Mystery clematis!!..Jeanne

We'll do our best!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.