FROM YOUR LOCAL PUB

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

If you have within your travel routes a pub that brews its own beer you have a source of great used organic matter.The grain when they are finished brewing is great organic mater to add into your compost. If it has not been improperly piled up and into stages of rot it has a mild acceptable odor. Once in the pile there will be no problems.

Caution..........don't promise to take it all befor you know what "all" is. You could easily use a five gallon bucket full in any compost pile. You would not want a truck load until you know what your pile can consume. I manage to get a trailer load about the size of a pick up truck load just for the asking. That is a one week supply for the pub that gives it away to avoid landfill costs. It's also several days of work for me to move it up and around the house to the compost area.

I don't know how this would work in vermiculture. You may get drunk worms that want to come up and mate three times a night. Like most drunks they would fail in the big thought missions and you would lose your natural mating. My brain is over working. Sometimes I can't help myself. ]:o)

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

You are tooooooooo much! LOL

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

maybe if they got drunk they would mate more..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.