Look at all of my Salvia Babies!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

They are all Salvia roborowski

Thumbnail by melvatoo
London, United Kingdom

Here is Salvia roborowskii in flower. Unusual colour, but I find this Salvia a bit weedy, and a short-lived annual. It can drop seeds everywhere.

Thumbnail by 2salvia
Townsville, Australia(Zone 10a)

What are you going to do with all those babies:)

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I haven't really decided...maybe gifts for friends and neighbors?

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

excellent idea melva. lol. i have some babies too but none of this one.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Which ones, do you have? I will save some for you..how many do you want?

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

1 or 2 or 3.

i have and i won't spell them correctly:
yunnanensis
viscosa
verticillata
azurea

i'll save some of these for you. are you going to waxahachie?

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I hadn't planned to...when is it? the 17th?
I have some of the azura, but the others I don't think I have them.

Salvia roborowskii makes piles and piles of seeds, have fun!

This message was edited Apr 13, 2008 7:35 AM

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

which one gerris...the roborowski? and i hope it does. and melva, the waxahachie swap is the 19th. i can't come until the afternoon at least. have to take my kids for physicals that morning for athletics next year.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I don't think I am going.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

so will you go to the arlington swap in the fall? if not we could swap babies thru the mail in a few weeks. looks like both of our babies need to grow a little more. and if we pack right we could both send them to each other first class for only a few dollars. i wanted to come and get clematis cuttings but gas is so high that i have to plan the budget a month in advance just to make sure i can get my kids where they need to go. not a lot extra and i'm sure it's the same with you.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I will be going to the Arlington swap, in the Fall....or we could do a trade via mail...and you are right, they have a lot of growing to do.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

well if the ones you have are annuals and we wait till the fall swap maybe you could just bring me seeds instead. my plants ought to be big enough by then for sure. too much cold weather and they just won't grow. they are outside and have been hardened off and the cold doesn't seem to affect their health but they don't want to grow too good either.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.