Newbee needs Id please

Port Vincent, LA(Zone 8b)

A sweet Dg'er sent me this Iris and it has just opened, does anyone know the name of it?

Thumbnail by Debbie2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

It sure looks like one that I have with NOID. I'll post it later and we can compare drapelady but I still haven't gotten it ID'd and out it goes if I don't.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

They do resemble each other.

Thumbnail by weegy12

Yep, looks just like it. If I find out what it is , I'll let you know.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thanks!

Rockford, IL(Zone 5a)

Looks like some kind of Iris

Linda

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

Drapelady,
I was just surfing iris sites last night and I saw one that looked very much like yours. I remember it because I thought the falls looked short. I am gonna try to find it again. I'll let you know when I do.
Weegy12,
I think your iris looks like Indian Chief. Stoney Creek Iris has it pictured on her website for you to look at.

Deb

Thanks Deb.

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

I didn't forget about ya ! I just haven't found that one again. It was actually kinda driving me nuts the other night.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

was gonna say indian chief too. it sure looks like them.

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

Since Imzadi prompted me to look at these pics again ( up close ) I now think maybe they ARE the same.....
Drapelady your picture is a more downward shot which tends to make the standards appear wider and the falls shorter. Ya know what I mean ?
IF I ever do find that other pic with the shorter falls that I said about I will be sure to let you know thou.

Thankyou all so much

Raleigh, NC

hmmmm......you might try going to www.irises.org
then look around that site until you find the links to affiliate groups. Look for the historic iris society

if you jump to their website, they have a large # of photos available, think it was under a sale or something. seems like I've seen something similar there.

Kingston, WA

Hi, :o)
Looks like a Historic iris. Could be... Indian Chief...Sachem, there are a few others that I can't pull right off the top of my head. I Would need overall height information, that would narrow it down a bit. If interested let me know I'll see what I can find.

Regards, Rebecca

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Could it be Rameses?

Thumbnail by weegy12

Yes, it is Rameses. Thankyou all so much

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Airhead here! I forgot I e-mailed you with that info. I'll return to earth momentarily!

weegy , I appreciate the follow up. :)

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I was more than happy to help. My brain has returned!

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

Ooops Not this one

This message was edited Apr 26, 2008 1:14 PM

Thumbnail by jackieshar

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.