Pics from central queensland

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Have just come back from a trip to central qld..4 wonderful days in the wilderness..these are some of our backyard pictures.Baby staghorn ferns growing on the rock face overhanging the partially dry creek beds

Thumbnail by brical1

We'd be woken early(4.30am) to the sounds of the dingoes nearby howling to each other...

Thumbnail by brical1

we had no tv,no radio &no computers. yay!!(.no elec)...but did have a generator and a c.b...and when it wasn't going the silence was golden..only the birds etc to keep us company..nearest neighbour about 10kmls..I could /would have stayed for a month or two if I didn't have commitments here and a school age teenager..oh well ..I know where we will be next holidays..

Thumbnail by brical1

plenty of bushwalking

Thumbnail by brical1

staghorns growing on the rock faces,not so many now as years gone by ..the drought has had an effect on them too,coupled with people poaching of course..

Thumbnail by brical1

basket fern

Thumbnail by brical1

Glad you enjoyed your trip ...make any damper? ...love the pictures.
Nothing like the bush is there?.
chrissy

Yes,it was so enjoyable...no damper this time.

Thumbnail by brical1

plenty of these,livistona australis aka cabbage palm

Thumbnail by brical1

lots of this maidenhair fern..excuse the puppy...he would be in every pic if he had his way lol!

Thumbnail by brical1

he had to lay in every rock pool we came across lol!!

Thumbnail by brical1
Nowra, NSW,, Australia(Zone 9b)

Sounds a great trip! What bliss to have no power/PC etc LOL

I love cabbage palms ...when I lived down the south coast you saw hundreds just growing here and there ...and everywhere ...in the wild. A great palm. What was your favourite thing?
chrissy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.