cypress vine (red climber)

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Hi, I am fairly new to Dave's. and loving it every minute. I bought seeds today for Cypress red climer vine, any comments in reagards to it before I put it in my garden, I would like to grow it in a pot, just in case it is invasive. Any sugestions would be helpful! A long Islander, Clemen

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Clemen..it's about the easiest of any to grow.. I have the red and the white.. I start them in with anything...and they will grow up and thrugh anything to use it for a trellis..they grow well growing through the brugmansias..evergreens..roses... their foliage is so feathery..I don't worry about it shading a plant... even though it's coverd with them.. some will come back in the spring from the fallen seeds.. but mostly I start them in pots/trays.. and then put them out a bit later....II've a tray of them I put in a few days ago.. I'd forgot them... till now.. Gordon

Thumbnail by GordonHawk

Gordon, it seems that the next time I have a question, I'll dmail you! LOL, You know everything and are GREAT! I will go to the store and find the white one! I hope they bloom al summer. CLemen

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

...not to mention you'll have more then enough seeds from the parent plant for next year...and to share with anyone interested..LOL

I guess they can be pretty invasive then with all of those seeds!

Dewey, AZ(Zone 8a)

Worst enemy: spider mites! Watch for them!

It is starting to sound like a scary movie!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I don't see mine popping back up yet...last year was my first year w/it. Might be too cold just yet....

So we'll se what happens to yours! I started mine indoors a couple of days ago and waiting patiently 'till they start to grow! Clem

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.