Can someone ID this for me please?

Coffs Harbour, Australia

I've had this growing for a few years and see it around alot in older gardens. It is flowering now. Early Autumn. Its raining so I'm not going to check, but I think it has square stems. I think!
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Nowra, NSW,, Australia(Zone 9b)

This is driving me nuts... I know what its called and can't extract it from by brain LOL

Its a great autumn plant, but here it got a bit out of control seeding everywhere and I regretfully trashed it all....

You could try posting it in the plant id forum.

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

I think this is what you are looking for, try this http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55573/ I've had it growing for years,does tend to self seed though..

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Thanks Judy, that looks like it! I wonder why its common name is ribbon bush? I don't mind a bit of seeding. I just pull things out when they spring up where not wanted. I don't often get too much self seeding, I think because I mulch alot! (everytime I do a major weed, about every three months) Thanks again

North Ipswich, Qld, Australia

Hey Sue,

How are you, got your parcel, thanks mate.

I have been trying to add entries to my journals but I just cant work out how it works.

Is there anybody that can help explain it to me or tell me where I can read up about how to do it.

I tried to find the answers in F.A.Q. but just couldnt get my head around it.

Please help. Sue, did you get your parcel? I hope you liked the little extra I put in, you may have some of it but just incase, I put it in.

Do you think I can make two plants out of this one plant. It is a Firecraker. lol.

Your Mate,

Deb

Thumbnail by Degarotty
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Hi Debi, I'm not sure about using the journal, I think if you go to "My Tools" and choose "Journal" for a start. Then it asks for a "Status" which I think of as a heading, such as "propagation" once you enter that, it asks you for a categorie, so I put in "Grasses" or whatever types of things I am propagating. When you have made the categorie, you can go back to it and add an item/plant name.
I haven't got your parcel yet Debi. I expect it's at the post office, but it isn't open today, so will have to wait, hopefully only until tomorrow! I will let you know when I get it . Thanks in advance Debi.
I do think you can mke two plants out of that cutting. Its very long!
Good luck with your journal. Let me know how you go.
Sue

sydney, Australia

plectranthus???

North Ipswich, Qld, Australia

Thanks Jen,

You are right.

Thanks for your input, appreciated heaps.

Debi

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.