Grandson comes up big

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

against our cross town rivals. Mike has really played well on defense but the bat has been a little slow but he seemed to come out of it at the right time.

http://www.lagrangenews.com/articles/2008/04/05/sports/sports01.txt

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Proud Paw Paw talking..............glad for you and Mike :)

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Yeah girlie, that is a proud paw paw.

Here's a picture of him making a catch in short center field in the game.

Thumbnail by Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

These next three pictures are him making a play and the camera catches him in three different area of the same play. Must be a good camera. Not mine. LOL

You have to click on enlarge to see the picture. Sorry.

This message was edited Apr 9, 2008 11:43 AM

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

#3 Look at that pretty face. Must be expression of determination. LOL

This message was edited Apr 9, 2008 11:45 AM

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Wow, Jim, you should be very proud of that grandson!

How are you, paw paw?

Brenda

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Not doing well. Bobbie was coming from the doctor Monday in the medicade van and they failed to strap her back wheels down and they had to stop real quick and it resulted in her being throwned from her wheel chair. She has been in hospital since then. Really bruised and battered bad. Not sure when she will get to come home. The doctor told her today expect at least 6-8 weeks before the soreness goes away.
I am really proud of grandson. He is really doing well. Thanks for thinking of me.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Giorgiaredclay, I have been here in Georgia Gardening for a while and have seen your posts. I get such a kick out of your updates and news regarding Mike. I am a R.N. and am so sorry to here about Bobbie's recent experiences. I don't know the history here as I am pretty new, but my thoughts are with you and your family. Hope Bobbie is on the mend. Please Dmail me if you need professional advice/support.

Best, Laurel

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks Laurel, She has MS and was/is almost invalid. She has a little use with her right hand and can only use her left hand to help support her right hand. She came down with it in 2000 and has gone down really fast. She has a hospital bed and to get out of bed she has to have her legs placed on the side and as the bed lifts she holds on to the wheel chair and stands up. Then most of the time she has to have someone move her feet for her to move around to sit down in the wheel chair. She usually stays pretty upbeat however I have a hard time with depression because of it. I do take medication and if you notice me not posting for several days at a time it is usually because I am going through one of the depression stages when it has be in it's grip.

Here is a picture of Mike making a play against Columbus Wednesday. They have started calling it "THE CATCH" at Lagrange High School.

Thanks again Laurel and hopefully I will meet you at some roundup soon.
Jim

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Jim, I am so sorry to hear this about Bobbie. Bless her heart - she is just the sweetest lady and surely did not need that.

I will keep both of you in my prayers! Hugs!

Brenda

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Laurel, I met Plantsnut at one of the roundups several years back. I will never forget her and her husband stopping to help me with Bobbie. I was having to place her wheelchair on a trailer to come home and they saw I was struggling so they stopped and gave me a hand. Just nice people here on Dave's.

Here's a picture of him crossing the plate after hitting a home run in the same game.

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Brenda I guess we were thinking of each other at the same time. Funny I was telling Laurel how nice you are and when I posted you had posted. I needed a good laugh today. I'll tell Bobbie you said hello. We love you.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Jim, After reading your posts it is clear that Bobbie is able to cope with terrible adversity because of wonderful family and friends. Of course you get depressed. MS is a frightening and isolating illness.

There was a time in my late thirties and early forties when I was frequently tested for MS, Lupus, and RA. This went on for years. I would get very depressed when I had flares, some of which lasted six to nine months. I kept asking to be tested for Lyme as our property up here has a lot of deer and I had been tick bitten. They said Georgia was too far south for Lyme. That thinking has since changed. The symptoms eventually went away and now they think I probably had Lyme. I can really empathize.

Laurel

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Thank you Jim - I needed that. Hugs back at ya!

Brenda

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Boy that GS looks a lot like his Grndpa! I know you are so proud of him and the whole gang.
So sorry about Bobbie's latest setback, she did not need that. My daughter has been trying to find out for 2 years if she has MS, still they don't say if it is definate, guess it is really hard to diagnose, but she has had many "episodes" with various symptoms and they keep changing her meds - seems nothing helps for long. She just has to go one day at a time.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Jim.. just got back from the lake.. I'm real happy for your grandson..we love baseball here. I am so sorry to hear about Bobbie. You've got d-mail

Susan

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks everyone!

Azalea when they diagnosed Bobbie they did a reflex test on her legs. They said that if your reflexes are really good it is a sign of MS. I would think otherwise and was really surprised. That was at the Sheppard Center in Atlanta.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.