Adenium cuttings

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

My adeniums never went dormant but did get leggy. Time to make cuttings? if so, how can I root the cuttings for friends- in a cactus mix, how much light, should I put a humidity tent on them? Also, A. arabicum is 1 tall fat stalk, not a caudex with branches. Should it be pruned too?
Thanks.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

I am by no means an expert, and I couldn't begin to tell you how to root the cuttings. My guess would be no tent. FYI, I think I've heard that rooted cuttings don't get a large caudex like seed grown plants.

Copenhagen, Denmark(Zone 7b)

I have successfully rerooted seedlings which have lost all roots due to rot. I let the "cuttings" dry a couple of days before planting them in moist cactus soil - never letting the soil dry out. And - IMHO - bottom heat is crucial to success.

Best regards,

Martin

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Temps have warmed up for me and I just took cuttings, did pruning, set them outside, all that good stuff. I have lots of humidity here, so my cuttings just went into soil/perlite and bottom heat and are already starting to root. I also did some grafting. If you dont have a greenhouse, I would do all that when your temps are warm enough.

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

Hi,
I put them on a heat mat in cactus/succulent mix, dipped the cut ends in rooting hormone, and am keeping the mix moist. Have them in medium-bright light. How soon should they root?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.