Ok maybe I'm crazy but any ideas about my new lamp

Tulsa, OK

I have found my home page with you all. I love reading all the ideas and warm thoughts from everyone. I have a wicker mannequinn with a bustle back. My husband spotted a floor lamp by the curb so I snatched it up from the garbage before anyone saw me. My 1st time doing that anyway it just needed a little rewiring to work. I need to cut a few inches off the body of the lamp then as the pic shows I am placing it up threw the middle of the form. I am going to use a large southern looking hat as the lamp shade. I am having trouble finding a reasonably priced bustle dress to use so, I bought a garage sale wedding dress for $2.00 that I am going to try to dye. I can use the train to form the bustle. I have gloves and hankies to use as accents. Now the hard part the dyeing. Never used the stuff - you guys are great with help anyone have any tips. I have also thought about using tea to just age it but I'm thinking dyeing it would make it look less like an wedding dress.

Thumbnail by rookiepainter
This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!