Here's hoping...

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Late yesterday I planted green bush beans, yellow bush beans, carrots, lettuce and spinach. I also planted strawberries in my strawberry jar. I hope they do well. I planted seeds in cups a while back and they have done poorly so I went ahead and planted in the ground yesterday. Can't do much worse. I'm not a good gardener but I like trying. Good thing it's just a hobby or we'd starve to death.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

Growing your own veggies does make you appreciate the safety net of the grocery store, doesn't it?

Good luck with your crops, CajuninKy!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks. I'm gonna need it. LOL

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

I have confidence in you! You can do it! Rah rah rah!

Jill, channeling her inner cheerleader....

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

You're braver than I !! I have my "plant as soon as ground can be worked" like peas and the various greens, but I'm waiting nn the beans. I picked up some tomato plants Sunday, and was going to plant, but I think I'll wait on that (and the beans) untill after the cold night (s?) that are forecast for me for next week.
Good luck, I'm sure they'll do fine!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh well, if these don't make it, I can plant some more seeds. Just forge ahead I always say. Guess that's why I'm not a good gardener. I just finished turning the rest of my planting bed. Have to visit my seed bucket and see what else I can kill. LOL

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

That's why I have sooo many seeds, I guess. Today is beet planting day, I think.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Something got into my bean bed. My DGS promises it was not him. He didn't walk up and down in it. He only crossed it. So says he. LOL The other suspects are the ducks and they're not talking. I really don't think they give a quack. Oh well, back to the seed bucket.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

LOL, Cajun!

There's always something, isn't there? Better luck with round 2!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

It's never boring here, for a fact. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.