north window

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

i have lots of plants to bring in this winter...i was wondering if anyone can help me...if i email someone will you help me as to which ones will do ok in a north window this winter?...please:).....i have 2 large sliding glass doors that are south facing and a medium east facing bay window....but like i said i have LOTS AND LOTS of plants to bring in....thanks so very much...cindy

New York, NY(Zone 6a)

You can email me your plant list at wcreed@erols.com

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

Hi,
brommom and WillCreed how about posting the plant list and the location here? I think many others in the same position as you could have the same plants to bring in for winter.

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

heres a general list of what i have....
aloes
ant plant dischidia
wandering jews
christmas cactus
various jades/crassula
gasteria
ghost plant
gynura
hoyas
kalanchoe tormentosa
various rhoeo
mules ear "walking bryophyllum
peperomias
pickle cactus
purple heart
rex & strawberry begonia
rubber tree plant
sansiveria
silver squill bulb plant
spider plant
staghorn fern
strobilanthes
callisia
potato vine

bromeliads(LOTS)
dyckias
crypts

and others that i will be receiving on trade soon...i will list them later unless someone else lists them later...

thanks in advance
cindy

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

Hello Cindy,
Are you the Cindy I know from the yahoo club??? Eppi and queen of the night???

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

which yahoo club might that be......lol....i am at all kinds of garden sites......it probably is me....lol...:)

cindy

Clarksville, IN(Zone 6a)

Hi, interested in mules ear, staghorn fern and pickle cacti. DebK

New York, NY(Zone 6a)

Most of those plants on your list will survive the winter in a north window, but don't expect them to fluorish. Of those plants the best candidates for a north window are:
sanseveria, peperomia, rubber tree, spider plant, staghorn, bromeliads and jade. Be careful to protect them from cold drafts and be sure not to overwater.

Will

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

thanks Will........i sure hope they do ok......i have acquired a lot of plants that are gonna need the best light to survive the winter so till i get sometype of green house up or get my eclosed porch to stay warm enough, thats what i have to do....disperse them through out the house.....thanks again

cindy

and Deb....those arent the plants that im gonna get rid of.....my trade list is posted..and updated for now...i have some trades im trying to sort out as we speak....cindy

Agawam, MA

Hi Brommom,
I have my rex begonias in a north window and they love it.
Cindy
P.S. Sure are more Cindy's on this site than I've seen on other sites!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.