Pacific Coast Native Iris Hybrid ID #1

Battle Ground, WA(Zone 8b)

I have two Pacific Coast Native Iris hybrids that I'm trying to identify. I believe that this one is Sea Admiral, although its colors are a bit more vivid than the pictures I've seen. Can anyone confirm this ID? Thanks very much for your help!

This is in its second year in my front yard, and has many more blooms this year than last.

Thumbnail by weatherguesser
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

This one is even prettier.

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

that is a beauty! No idea what it is though.

Lebanon, OR

mine is not that vivid

D

Where did you get them?

Battle Ground, WA(Zone 8b)

D,

They came from McShane's garden center here in Salinas, CA. They were just sold as Pacific Coast Native Iris hybrids, no cultivar information given. They've been quite happy in my little flower patch out front, despite the fact that I've violated the caveat to keep them dry in the winter when they're dormant. They've gotten watered along with everything else, and haven't seemed to mind. This one is blooming up a storm this year, after only having had a couple of blooms last year. The other one didn't bloom at all last year, and now has a couple of blooms. Like my other irises (I have a bunch of African iris and one yellow bearded iris), it stays green all year round here, and seems to thrive on neglect. My kind of plant!

Thanks for your comments.

Jim

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.