Theme - Candee - You Urned It!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

This is one that I have to give some thought to myself. Will be back with something, now get the thinking caps on friends.

london England, United Kingdom

good one! will have to think about it too.................. ^_^

Coffs Harbour, Australia

I don't get it!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

You earned it - You Urned it. Using urns to make arrangements. Hope this helps.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Doh! Ohhh-arrrrr! Uurrrrrn! Uh-oh!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

By golly I think you've got it!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

ROTFLMAO!! I don't feel so bad about calling Candee, Sue, now. ☺

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Appears I and my ideas bring out the best of everyone LOL! ^_^

They sure do! ^_^

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Definition of Urn:

a large vase that usually has a pedestal or feet
a large pot for making coffee or tea
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

An urn is a vase, ordinarily covered and without handles that usually has a narrowed neck above a footed pedestal. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urn

This is what I consider a greek kind of urn and have had it for years full of the contorted willow. This is NOT my urn theme arrangement simply an example of an urn. You decide what an urn is to you! If you haven't noticed I am flexible ^_^

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Here is the contorted willow, I tried to propagate this a few years ago, but it didn't survive.

Thumbnail by haighr
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Thats a disease/virus called Fasciate and it is what makes the Crests on celosias and cockscomb. I've not seen it in willows before, but my Agapanthus got it and came out on flat spiral stems with small heads and many flowers!
I'm going on an urn hunt now. I'm sure I've seen one around here. Oops, can't empty out ashes onto the ground...............

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Sue, you do crack me up. I would be glad to burn SOMEONE for you, put "it" in an urn and let you dump it for the urn. No NOT really, but these ideas do cross my mind. ^_^

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks Sue -, no wonder I couldn't get them to grow LOL - I'll have to check that out as it sounds "Fasciating"
Now I deliberately stayed away from the final definition "final" being the key word so nobody would "quiver" at the theme, but by all means get the Urn no matter the process. You can always put the ashes back in after theme week.
Traci, you say my mind works in mysterious ways LOL!

Still looking for an urn!!!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Here is mine, flowers from the grocery store

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

And #2

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

One more of the pewter Urn???

Thumbnail by haighr
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Geez, I had trouble finding one urn, and you've got three!
Beautifully arranged Candee and I love store bought flowers! Our supermarket had Liles on special again, and I nearly bought them, but knew I had flowers destined for pruning at home. Is it beginning to warm up in your part of the world, and what type of garden do you have?
This is more of a CH-urn really but the best I can do.
Flowers are Hypoestes (Ribbon Bush), Mexican Salvias, and Spannish Tarragon.
It was pouring rain, so everything was a bit soggy!

This message was edited Apr 12, 2008 12:57 PM

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

I like the way the flowers move and drip down to the urn in front. Are they Alstroemeria in the front?

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I like your urn Sue and those blues look really great in it. Are the blue ones the mexican salvias? Finally had a warm day today in the 80's in the sunshine and a quite warm evening we are having now.
I have a lot of urns that were collected and left to me by my mom, I cherish each and every one.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I have no idea what they are, to me they are "grocery store poseys" LOL, if they didn't come from my garden I have no idea what I've got. Lots of times I don't know what I have in my gardens as well.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

The purple ones hanging down are Salvias and the purple ones standing up are the ribbon bush. The ch-urn usually sits by the fire with a poker in it!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Oh that is a good idea to keep the ashes from the poker in check.

Oh Lovely.. from both of you! Thankyou for these treats today.

Candee, I like the way you have grouped the three pewter containers on the tray.
Very nice line with the flowers linking together, they are Alsrtomerias, and I think the little white ones at the top are linum? Your 'urn' is a wonderful accessory for the whole display. Very nicely done.

Sue, Love the blue and yellow combo! Ch urn, I like it! Funny, I didn't imagine you would have a fire in Australia! Unusual flowers, love the ribbon bush which gives it height and balances well with the salvia. nice one mate! G'day.

I can't find anything 'urn' or 'ch urn' like here!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Beautiful both of you.

Love the grouping and the containers, Candee. Also the height is great. I also love the wet bar in the back ground and the placemats. :^)

Sue, great ch urn. Isn't it nice to be able to pick your flowers from the garden. We had tornado warnings again yesterday, so the wind did a number on my bushes. I bought some flowers from the supermarket, but cannot for the life of me figure out what to do with them. LOL.

I have an urn, but these flowers won't work. Plus, it is HUGE!!

Hi Traci, HUGE eh? I love HUGE. !!!!!

....so the wind did a number on my bushes...... you are funny! (sorry to hear that).

Did you say you got your flowers from Belles?!!!!!!
I love Belles accent, she's a sweet lady.

Merry Christmas Candee! You earned / urned it!

Aspisistra money tree, it flowers with pears and gold threads!

Thumbnail by terriculture

1 metre long cinnamon sticks create the tree trunk

A treasure chest collects your spending money.... Have a wonderful Christmas!
Look forward to your fantastic themes next year!!

Gold strands turn into gold coins .... lol Hey!! you're a rich gal, you urned it!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

OMG, I am at a loss for words. You are just simply the best, most amazing, unbelievable, fabulous, kind and clever and giving friend! You just took my breath away! Little do you know that I am going to take all those gold coins on my holiday trip and give them to the first needy child that I see so that your generosity touches their life as well!
Terri, you are just such a dear I cannot express in words what your friendship means to me and your smile lights up my world and it was pretty lite up to begin with LOL!
Have a fabulous holiday!
Smiles always friend, how do you do it?
Candee

Steady on there Candee lol, it's only a money tree!!!! So glad you like it.
Who said money doesn't grow on trees? LoL! Have a great time, will miss you!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Candee - in case you did not get to the cafe, wanted to wish you a great vacation here too.

Terri - that is one, super, nifty tree. Loved what you did with those apidistra leaves. Are you going to use those cinnamon sticks for cooking in their next life??

Hi Dianne, Thank you! I doubt it very much, I'm not too keen on cooking, just cook to keep them all alive, not for fun!! I think the sticks will have many uses the size they are LOL!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Terri, I was sincerely thinking of you when I took these photos of the urns. I told Steve I gotta take this one for her!
I also saw a lot of corkscrew willow being used at this time of year, sprayed gold so now I have even more ideas, fewer braincells and even less time to do anythin LOL!

Thumbnail by haighr

So glad you remembered me. LOL! They are beautiful urn vases, a bit scary up there on that ledge though! or was there glass keeping them from falling down?
Good to hear you have more ideas for 2009 dear! Look forward to those in the new year !

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.