Need suggestions for trapping rabbits

Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

I am looking at trying to trap rabbits and would like some input as to most successful traps and baits or baiting techniques . I had built some habitat for burrowing owls and have some rabbits moving in so I have to try to be as unobtrusive as possible .

Thanks

Cincinnati, OH

Being you are in AZ, I am assuming you mean hares, i.e. Jackrabbits, which aren't rabbits. Rabbits have 12 to 20 blind naked offspring and are diurnal and are edible. Hares have 3 to 4 ready to go offspring and are nocturnal.
Vitamin D-3 (same as in your milk) in rodents and HARES stores calcium in the blood triggering a heart attack in 3 to 4 days. I have used Quintox, there are other brands availble.
http://www.groworganic.com/item_PAB061_Quintox_Mouse__Rat_Bait_Pail_of_.html

Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

We do have jackrabbits and cottontails , it is the cottontails that are small enough to fit into the tunnel/entrances of the burrows I made . Jackrabbits while occassionaly bothersome are not my current source of concern but I will note what you said for posible use another time . Whatever I use it will need not to be of possible threat to the burrowing owls .
Thanks

This message was edited Apr 7, 2008 9:06 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.