Thrips on roses

Fredericksburg, TX(Zone 8a)

Ok, I know I've read about this many times, but I'm drawing a blank right now and the thrips are chewing away. Do I need garlic spray, liquid seaweed? Help!

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

A good hosing should knock em out, or use the garlic spray on the nasty little pests and give em one for me!!!

LOL. Good, I have garlic spray already. Now, finding the time to use it. That's the trick.:)

DFW Metroplex, TX(Zone 8a)

Next year, when the roses are just beginning to leaf out, put out trichogramma wasp. They are sold as eggs on a card stock weight of paper. (Refrigeration keeps them dormant). It looks like sandpaper, but a few days after you pin the card to a tree (about eye level) you will see the eggs have hatched.
Use petroleum jelly on the pin before you attach the cards to a tree or fence so fire ants will not eat the eggs. If fire ants are not around, you don;t have to do this.

Very good suggestion Organic. Is anybody else watching the "I wish DG would do" thread? My thought was that it would be great if we could customize our home page to remind us to do things like fertilize and put out beneficial insects and stuff like that. But nobody else has suggested that. I guess that's what the journal is for maybe.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.