HORTMARK TRIP THURSDAY.....wanna go?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I went to hortmark yesterday as i needed supplies-badly
Deann and I are planning a trip Thursday if anyone is interested in joining us-may have to stop for lunch and yakity smakity!!! :)

The time would be around 11am or noonish! APRIL 10TH

i got DIRT(soil) i got the 6.65 bags of potting mix baccto
the cheapest bags they have are $4.75

i got 240 gallon pots like in the picture on the site
for $40.21

i also got 1000 Pylon Heavy Duty Plastic Plant Labels for 31.05
like these ones:
http://homeharvest.com/propagationplantlabelsplastic.htm

Check out the site(its not much)
http://www.anytown.info/capac/hortmark/hortmark.htm
YOU can call and have them bring stuff to the place we go to form their main GH in capac!
they had plants yesterday too-flats of hosta and knock out roses!!!! temptation all over the place!

i got a box of hosta like these ones that need potting=tomorrow!!!!

This message was edited Apr 4, 2008 1:45 PM

This message was edited Apr 4, 2008 2:16 PM

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

oh the place we go is Munger area about 10miles or so east of bay city!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

gloria where are you?

Nobody in the area want to go???

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

It this coming thursday if anyone wants to go with us!!!! :)

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

And we usually do Chineese Buffet.......

Deann

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

hay this is the first I'v seen this I can't go on thursdays I have to WORK :0(
I have tuesdays off and every other weekend I want to go (big pout) I love china food oh waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa maybe next time
Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

********DOES ANYONE NEED PLASTIC GALLON POTS??*********

THEY COME IN A BOX OF 240 AND CONNIE WOULD LIKE TO SPLIT IT WITH ANYONE
SO IF YOUR INTERESTED LET ME KNOW BEFORE WE GO!

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

Dori-Connie & I are going in on 1-trying to see if some of the other few want to share my 1/2 of it, but that is like $0.17 a pot-HOLY CRAP is that cheap!!! Do they have anything else really neat & cheap that I want???

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

they have tons of stuff there!!! He also brings stuff from his other place if you call and ask! :)
Its a great deal on the pots! :)

I need specifics Dori-help me please-I need a garden addiction fix!!LOL Do they have anything to help w/ seed starting, anything real neat...any super cute garden decor??? I like frogs, bugs and dragon/butterflies-and of course FAIRIES!!!;)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

darn it had stuff typed and daves messed up!

They have DIRT,pots, tags,hanging baskets,animal planters(U really need to come see)
he also will bring stuff from Capac to the warehouse if you call and order them ahead of time

They have PLANTS he brings to tempt me!

You really need to make a trip-the site is really lame!!!

They have animal planters??? I have a turtle one-resin- and would love another one...if you see one that screams my name for REAL cheap, pick it up for me-I got the turtle one for $7......I would love to go some time this year-maybe I will have to make a trip up to ya & you can show me all your neat places...maybe Connie & I can come up or something-BTW-where is Cement City?? By you??

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Its over toward Muskegon!

the animal planters are plastic! i will look around-have to wear my cuddle duds i think tomorrow!

yes you and connie come on up!!!

What is a cuddle dud??? Resin is plastic right?? If not, my turtle is plastic....I am going to drill some hols in the bottom for drainage and voila-all set-he is a cute little guy!! MIL keeps saying that I need more garden decor-she even gets me gift cards to places and write little things like "Don't the birds deserve a home" on them, but they always get spent on seed stuff or plants!!!LOL

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

cuddle duds=long johns but softer! LOL

I will see what the planters look like!
I buy plants too not decor! :)

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

:o)

I don't usually find a lot I like in the decor-if I do like it, it's usually WAY more than I want to spend....

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

WHY are other garden geeks always so far away?!?
Wish I could go. :(

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

have a good time girls wish I could go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gloria

Cottage Rose-we aren't that far-only a couple hrs. from me to you!!:) One of these days we will have to have a southern MI DG get together in like Lansing or something!!

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Tell ya what ladies.....Dori and I will take some pix of what Hortmark has.....just so's you can eat your hearts out.......

Bad deann....going to stand in korner now for awhile....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

HaHa Deann-enjoy your chinese food and have fun!! Can't wait til Dori comes w/ my goodies!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

garden geeks!!!! well maybe!!!!

wish everyone could join us!!! maybe another time!!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Yes very bad bad deann, what a tease you are rofl

If Deann is the friend you are bringing we will take turns beating her w/ a wet noodle!!ROFL!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

LOL i wish she was coming with me but she lives farther north than i!

but you can beat the gal i bring im sure she needs it too! lol

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

WAAH!! I wish I could go!!! I do love a good shopping trip!!
It sounds as if the have lots of good stuff. Are the one gallon pots black or tera cotta colored??
Do they look like retail pots or nursery 1 gallon pots???
I might share some of Fairys if I can figure this out!
Julie

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

they look like these ones
they are a thin plastic and come in green,terra cotta and black if i remember what he told me

Thumbnail by notmartha

Apparantly if you click on a link I will send ya it shows a pic of the pots...

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

ok they dont look just like that! i ran out and looked mine are black on the inside and not quite as fat

Yeah, but close enough!! I am putting my glads in some of them and some lilies in some other ones...

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

cement city is toward muskegon.....where......I am between Dori and Muskegon....

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

just home form work did you have fun didya ?????????? hope you had enough for me too and lots of the china food I want to hear all about it please LOL
Gloria

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Ladies.......Dori and I had alot of fun, and you gals can not believe the stuff this place has....I took lots of pictures, and if you hang out for a while Dori will have them posted here by 8 pm tonight.....

Another Dave member joined us for lunch, and I must say the Chinese Buffet was one of the best I have been too....I guess I should of taken pictures of the 4 large buffets that were just laden down with any and everything thing possible on a menu.....

Yum!

Deann

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Yes it was a FUN time!!! I cant wait to go again!
dee i think u may have to post the pictures cuz they looked small when i copied them

lets see

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

planters...ribbit ribbit

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

hmmm how can i make them bigger-dee can you post them???

Thumbnail by notmartha
Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Gonna post these picutres one at a time for you gals to see....and maybe explain what its about..

This is a flat of Cora Bells.....forget which ones they were,

Thumbnail by deann
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

palace purple

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Here is Dori holding a flat of Honey Suckle

Thumbnail by deann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.