how cold can cannas get?

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

I am growing about 100 gallons containers of cannas this year for some landscapers and I am running out of room in the grhouse. I want to move the cannas outside where they will get full sun, but I am concerned about slowing down the growth with the nighttime temps. The 10 day forecast is for high 40's to in the 50's. Would that be ok? As long as no frost hits the leaves? I can cover them for that and also move them back into the grhouse if it were to go in the 30's at all. Right now, they have stems that are about 12-18" high and most have a few stems/gallon so they are fairly mature.
What do you guys think?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I'll tell you in a couple of hours....

lol...j/k, they'll be fine.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

i was going to ask you when you got here! Just trying to plan the day

Paris, TX

I never dig mine and the temp has gotten down in the upper 20's. I don't think you can kill them.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

thanks for the reply raggins

they are hardy here too, but the ones that I was asking about, I am growing in gallon containers for a landscaper and they have to look nice for when they go out in a few weeks. We are maybe going to go down to 32 this Monday and I think that I will put them back in the grhouse for then instead of covering them

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.