Lets give a big welcome to: kimmageMaple City, Mi..

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello and welcome...hope you will stop by often and set a spell and tell us about you..and your Maple City. Neat city name...where is it?....Hope you enjoy your time in DG...it is a great garden site...and lots of other things..enjoy...and post often..do not be shy...We can help get you around this big place too...sooooo again welcome..

smiles..Diana

Thumbnail by WantabeGardener
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome Kim! I'm glad you're here. Tell us about your garden.

Brenda

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi ho Kim! You will love it here...only bad thing is that your housework will never again be done..(too much time on here)

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Welcome!

Maple City, MI(Zone 6a)

Thanks guys! What a great welcome. :)

Maple City is south west of Traverse City. Close to Sleeping Bear Dunes. If you haven't been there you must go! It's beautiful. Lake Michigan is right down the road. ;)

My boyfriend and I just bought a house here and I am new to the area. I'm originally from Gaylord. We bought the house in the winter so i'm not sure what kind of garden was originally in the backyard. The old owners son said they had a garden every year but from the picture below which shows most of the yard, I can't see where it would've been. No biggie though, i was planning on putting the garden next to the workshop (bottom of picture).

Since the snows been melting i've found different flowers popping up around the house. So far i've identified poppies, dafodils, tulips, roses and hostas. Oh and a few money trees which I LOVE! There are also a few raspberry bushes next to the workshop which I would like to move if possible. Has anyone here ever moved them? They are quite large and i'm scared that if I move them they will die.

Last year we lived in an apt. so I had to grow stuff in pots. I started small for my first year of gardening and only had a few tomato plants given to me by my grandpa. They were growing like mad until I discovered something was eating them. Turned out to be a tomato horn worm....ewww

Anyway, this year I am planning on having tomatoes, green beans, carrots, squash, green peppers and maybe a small herb garden. I've never had a garden before so this is going to be a learning process...lol

Any tips for a first time gardener? Where is the best place you've found for seeds as far as price/quality?

-Kim

Thumbnail by kimmage
Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Generally you can get great seeds just about any where. Most garden centers will carry great brands such as Burpees. Even Kmart does a great selection of great seeds.

You will learn lots here. Check out all the forums and you will have no problem becoming a pro? Im gonna dmail you.

Traverse City, MI

Hi Kim, I'm new to Dave's Garden too, but 'old' to gardening. We're not far from you - we live about halfway up Old Mission Peninsula. I love Maple City - it's a lovely little town.

National City, MI(Zone 5a)

Am not new to the site, but very rarely posted. But still I would like to welcome you here

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

welcome to the best garden site ever !!!!!!
Gloria

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Welcome!!!! Nice to meet you.

Cindy

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome... Kim were both "newbies"

Delane

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome Kim glad to see youve joined, Ronna

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

welcome to the greatest place ever!

lilac glad to have you posting too!!!

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Hello Kim

A big warm welcome to you.....Jump right in, there are so many knowledgeable gardeners here in the Michigan forum.......and so many of us who will share seed and plants with you.....

Deann

Thank you martha I have been admiring your pictures of your yard for sometime now, very nice indeed

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

pssss.please dont call me martha
Im dori or Not or NM
anything but martha! lol

really glad to have you here with us all! :)
thanks for the look at my garden and your comments!

LOL, ok you got it dori

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.